“Best Indian food in Albuquerque”

Namaste Cuisine of India and Nepal
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I stopped by for lunch this past Saturday at Namaste. Even though the place was bustling with people the staff seated us right away. They quickly brought us our beverages (you should never have to wait for a glass of water!). The food quality is some of the very best we've tasted. Their specialty is the green chile chicken curry -- very very delicious!! Even though the buffet area was cramped it was very clean and tidy. The owner and his family are the reason why this restaurant deserves recognition. They make everybody feel at home and care about their Indian food. You just won't find that at most other Indian restaurants (India Grill, Saffron Tiger, etc.). The only other good Indian restaurant we like is Taj Mahal on Carlisle Blvd.

2  Thank Inn_Keeper_NM
There are newer reviews for Namaste Cuisine of India and Nepal

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Best Indian food in the ABQ area. I used to love going to India palace for lunch, and still do. But once I had Namaste...whoa. Just unreal. But here is the kicker, my wife is super picky and did not like the first time I took her to India Kitchen (now closed), which was somewhat understandable but I thought it was okay. Took her to Namaste and she loved it. So we're good now, I can get my fill of comfort food and she's happy as well.

2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have eaten there several times. We are always greeted with a bow and "namaste" and served with the utmost courtesy. The food is excellent. My favorites: chicken tikka masala, eggplant (can't remember the name), and lamb curry. The atmoshere is gracious and quiet (one can truly enjoy conversation with friends).

2  Thank archbold08
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was traveling solo and was this restaurant listing in several places…and it happened to be in a strip mall 1/2 mile from my hotel. I was greeted with a gentle bow, smile and "namaste." The service was prompt and friendly. I ordered a combination plate with their specialties containing lamb, chicken tandoori, and shrimp saag. It was a complete dinner with lentil soup, rice, and garlic naan. I asked for a small portion knowing it would likely be too much food…and it was still twice what I could eat. The quality of the curries and spices were excellent. I could have used more heat…but that's me. And finally they presented me with a mango custard dessert. I tasted it, not having room for more. My only criticism is that the custard had not set…but the orange color was bright and appealing with almonds slices atop.

3  Thank DebKnowles
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm normally not a fan of Indian food. That said, this restaurant made me want to try other Indian restaurants. The food is quite tasty and well prepared, and fortunately, not too spicy for my tastebuds. That staff is very attentive without being annoying. A lunch buffet is available during the week which makes it possible to try different dishes to determine your favorites. We have always enjoyed our meals here, and have been here at least half a dozen times over the past year. It's a family atmosphere, at least at the dinner hour, and all the young ones were well behaved. reasonable prices make it easy on the budget.

2  Thank TrudiC44