“A Cafe that cares about origin, fare trade, and the customers!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Bella Coffee
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: Specializing in craft, fair trade, single origin, locally micro roasted coffee and competition level espresso. Taking you back to a time before mass production, CAFE BELLA COFFEE strives to provide the better things in life, one order at a time. Utilizing local "farm to table" methodology and partnering with the best local providers of fresh culinary ingredients, each item offered on our daily rotating food menu is a signature item. We feel proper attention to freshness and detail are the only way to deliver a superior product to our customers.
Bernalillo, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Cafe that cares about origin, fare trade, and the customers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Everyone in the west is looking for a 3rd place. It's not your home, it's not your work, it's the place you go to chill, relax, and be rejuvenated! Cafe Bella is exactly this place for me. The coffee and espresso are the quality I'd expect from any coffee expert in and around Seattle and Portland (where coffee is on par with wine when it comes to tastings, flavors, and the passions of the country of origin, etc.. The owner is an extremely hard working man, that is a pure coffee geek in the truest sense. I absolutely love the care that is gone into apprenticing the workers (I happen to call them friends) and educating anyone who would like to know more about the cup 'o joe they are sipping. The menu is limited for a reason, because why make 17 different things, when you can make 3-4 with excellence! the Panini I had was delicious smoked thick cut turkey, smothered in cheese! The latte was so far above anything I've had in Albuquerque, so far! Even the little touches of quality Latte art are worth the wait for a shot to be pulled correctly! This is not Starbucks. They care more about you (the customer) with every order! Please check your expectations at every door you walk into, before you write up a review! All I know if they know my name every time I enter, I'm greeted with a smile and I can stay all morning long, and I know that the espresso, coffee, or Panini of the Day will consistently be the great experience of flavor and care I've come to expect every time I've been here. Please don't come here for a quickie, they love you more than that! Come here for a chill, inspiring atmosphere, that will warm your heart, mind, and taste buds with people who care enough about me to care enough about my coffee!

The only "Con" I have is that I love this place so much I wish they were open past 3pm. That is it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Argon52
CafeBellaCoffee, Owner at Cafe Bella Coffee, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Cafe Bella Coffee. We appreciate your time and effort. The team over at the Cafe is so happy that you enjoy our products and services. Serving customers like you make it all worth it.

Have a great week!

Michael Gonzales

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Was Wanting to Like this Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I head that Cafe Bella was opened by a Seattle chef and wanted to try the cafe. A friend and I went for lunch. We were disappointed by the very limited menu. The staff was not very friendly or helpful. We had to ask for nearly everything. My friend had a cup of coffee and said it was very good. We ordered the salad of the day. It was pretty standard fair for a premium price. For people living in Rio Rancho this is an ok place but I would not spend the time or gas to drive over from Albuquerque.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Terri R
Rio Rancho
“Looking for perfection in your cup of java?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

You will find it here-owner, Mike Gonzales is a perfectionist and perhaps even a bit of a coffe 'geek'-he certainly knows his product. He sells only fair trade and only the best. He takes great pride and cares about the product he puts out. Although I can only enjoy decaf coffee and non-dairy, the decaf soy latte that I order is always aromatic, flavorful and well, a cup of nirvana in my eyes.
Cafe Bella Coffee also offers a great selection of teas, smoothies, and specialty sodas. The food made on site (such as the paninis) is nothing like you will get anywhere else and it changes every day. Mike is also a professionally trained chef and brings that knowledge, creativity and talent to his menu items.
Not to mention that this locally owned restaurant is very big on being community based. You can find poetry readings, book signings, live music, salsa and zumba dancing there with an occasional hip hop competition and the local art work changes out every two months.There is ALWAYS something fun and exciting happening at Cafe Bella-more than just a coffee place, but a place to be.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Paula S
New Mexico
“Neighborhood GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Excited to see a TOP NOTCH Coffe shop come to the Rio Rancho area. Owner Michael, is a friendly, well trained and educated Barista who takes pride in local and fresh ingredients and it is evident in the coffee and food. Highly recommend the Pumpkin latte, this is not your AVERAGE Pumpkin coffee, it taste fresh, creamy and is "Thanksgiving and Fall" in a CUP! True GEM, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank pagriego
Redlands, California
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I was hoping to find a local coffee house I could go to that wasn't a chain. I've gone 3 times now, trying to be fair and give them a chance, but I have to say each time my impression got worse. The first time the service was slow and obvious they were working out the kinks since they had recently opened, so I wrote it off.

The next time I tried a breakfast sandwich with my coffee and it took a long time to get my coffee & food. They had been open a few weeks so I was surprised and bummed. I went in the other day to give it one more try and waited 10 minutes to get a latte. There was only one couple in front of me and one person working. That is just unacceptable. To start, I wasn't even acknowledged as I waited to give my order. Then, once placing my simple order of a latte, I had to wait while the one person working proceeded to make a couple of sandwiches for the couple before me before starting on my latte. I guess multi-tasking is not in the job description. I have to say, I have an expresso machine at home and can make a latte while preparing my eggs & toast. I was hoping to have a place that I could go to when I didn't feel like, or didn't have the time to do it at home. Sadly, my search continues.

• Visited July 2012