“Blows Taco Bell Away! It doesn't even compare!”
Review of Twisters

Ranked #22 of 126 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 8 January 2008

We're new to NM and trying to find fast food we like has been quite a challenge. We finally stopped in. While the cashier wasn't the smartest person I've come across, she certainly was very pleasant and accommodating. We got the family meal and it was a great deal. I don't care for corn tortillas so I can't personally comment on the enchiladas, but my kids and husband ate them up. We also had soft tacos (chicken and shredded beef) that were awesome! The rice was spicy, which was a nice change of pace. Other then their overpriced sour cream & guacamole, they are a great deal! Enjoy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 December 2007

Lots of food for your money. You will not be able to eat it all.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 27 October 2006

My husband and I stopped at a local Twisters in Albuquerque while on vacation there. (There are multiple locations - we grabbed food to go at the Menaul Street location.) Now we wish we had one where we live! We were intrigued by the sign saying "Twisters Burritos & Burgers". Think of Twisters as a sort of Taco Bell on steroids. Portions are huge, but the price is not. They offer breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner. Burritos (and most other menu items) can be customized to your taste, with many available toppings, including both red and green chile. Burritos come in multiple sizes, including (what I can remember) 1/8 burrito, 1/4, 1/2, full size and double. We ordered a 1/2 size and it was definitely plenty for one person! We also ordered nachos with beef and it was more than enough for one person. Quality was decent and it sure tasted good after being on the road all day. I would suggest Twisters to anyone looking to stretch their dollar for some decent fast food Mexican!

1  Thank TXGirl2001