“Hair Issue”

Village Inn
Ranked #22 of 124 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 14 October 2013

After a late night at the balloon festival, my father, sisters and I decided to go grab a late meal. The restaurant was pleasant, the food was it's usual good quality, and we were taking home some left-overs. As we were getting ready to pack our left-overs up, I noticed there was a hair sticking out the middle of my sister's pumpkin pancakes (3/4 of the way gone.) I didn't want to make an issue of it, just told her she wasn't taking them. Then I informed the waitress who said at least you got to eat it all. She took it to the manager, came back, loaded all the plates on the table onto the 'hair in the pancake plate' and left. We went up to pay, the manager asked how our meal was...I told him fine except for the hair in the pancake. What happened next was appalling...the manager assumed we were lying, both he and the waitress said they hadn't seen the hair, were presented with 'the plate' with a long hair laying on top of the pancakes and asked if 'this was the hair'. We paid our bill and will never return.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The place is OK. The food is mostly good, (except the fish is soggy). The restaurant is kept clean but the servers are just OK. It was completely renovated recently which is in its favor. I used to be a regular customer and took groups to the restaurant. I have stopped going because of the way I was treated recently. A server was "Penny wise and Pound foolish" with me. I was on a special diet and ordered their Menu Offering that allows you to pick "any four" items off of a list for $6.99. I love Hash Browns and asked for two of my items to be Hash Browns. The server snapped at me and said, "You will have to pay an extra 99 cents for that." I was so shocked at his tone and demeanor that I got up, left, and have never gone back. They didn't save anything but have lost several hundred dollars a year that I used to spend in their restaurant. I would urge the Restaurant Manager to educate their servers better.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I enjoy this place because the food is good and the service is great. It was located on 528 and it's easy to get to. It's also close to the Extended stay that I stay at whenever I am in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Awesome breakfast and friendly service like always. have been here on several visits to rio Rancho never a disappointment.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Dinner menu selection was not great. Food was average, although salad was fresh. Facility was clean....a typical Village Inn