“Most Unclean and Unsafe Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.
San Jose, California
“Most Unclean and Unsafe Hotel”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Most unclean and unsafe hotel I have ever stayed in! Never took off my shoes the carpets we so dirty. Others who stayed there seemed very questionable as to why they were there. People up all night, walking from room to room. I hate to stereo type this hotel, but it seemed like a "crankster" hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that you felt unsafe and that the cleanliness of our property was not up to par. Please accept our apologies. I have met with the staff in regards to your comments, we are working to find new ways to ensure a comfortable experience for all of our guests now and in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at afisher@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I needed a hotel last minute and had no reservation, and they had rooms available when others didn't, so I am grateful for that. The hotel was in need of updating, but was clean, so old furnishings and fixtures could be overlooked. Staff at check in and check out were friendly and efficient. Could use some soundproofing, so if you stay, try to get on top floor to avoid stomping from people up above,a s the family with kids that were above me for one night were very "active". Other than that, it was pretty quiet. Can't comment on cleaning service, as I didn't use it which was fine as I didn't want it because I was only there 3 nights. They gave me a room that had a fairly new bed and that was great as I needed it. Didn't utilize the "grab and go" breakfast, but I did look at it and it's basically just some fruit, granola bars and wrapped muffins. There is a great breakfast place close by, I suggest that if you want something hot. A/C and heat both worked well, and in Albuquerque, you need both on most days during the winter. For the price, it's a reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: Would probably avoid a room that faces the main drag out front as that can be a pretty busy street...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this review, 19 February 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Woodinville, WA
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed in 2011, and reservation was messed up. Reserved a non smoking king, and ended up with a queen. This year I called 2 times to confirm my reservation the week we were arriving, and they still did not get it right. Booked a nonsmoking king, and all they had was a king size room with double beds. If we wanted the king size bed, we would have to take a smoking room. Agreed to stay 1 night and move into the reserved type of room, only to get called and told us it would be 2 nights before we could move. Went to change rooms today, and it seems they only have a smoking room available again. Each time we have requested to speak with a manager, but none was available. My advise to you is if you want a specific type of room- as in non smoking, and king size bed, do not make a reservAtion here, as it will not be honored.

Room Tip: It won't matter what you choose - you probably won't get it.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay hasn't been 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra. I sincerely wish we had been better able to accommodate the room type you reserved.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you have not had a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels.

Travellers are raving about these Rio Rancho hotels

Rio Rancho
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The rooms are very dated and in need of full update and remodel including the bed. Continental breakfast was a joke - bagels, muffins, apples and weak coffee. Sorry, I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank JK K
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Woodinville, WA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Reserved a King non smoking room, but when we got there, the king room we they had for us was smoking - and very smokey smelling at that. The only other room they had that was non smoking, was a queen room. The front desk offered to send up an air purifier in the morning, but the room was too smokey for us to spend the night. We switched to the smaller queen non smoking room. OK, but too small for 2 adults for 7 nights. Queen bed, and 1 stuffed chair. Kitchen table and 2 chairs. King room had a sofa also. This room only had the 1 chair to relax in. Since we were staying 7 nights we were supposed to get 1 complete room cleaning with sheets and towels changed, but that didn't happen. They did offer to do it the day before we left, but at that point - what was the sense? You could exchange your towels at the front desk at any point.
Busy week for them (Balloon Fiesta) and they did open the breakfast room up early for all the balloon people. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by smoke, I would definately call them directly before arriving.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2Giants
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed here for a longer term after our house sold and we were awaiting move-in to our new home. The staff was wonderful and consistently went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The hotel is pet-friendly and the staff always greeted our dog with a smile and a pat on the head. The property is extremely clean and well-maintained. The room was spacious and we particularly liked the desk space near the bed, it was an ideal place to set up the laptop and get some work done. The high-speed internet connection features a relatively inexpensive speed upgrade which we took advantage of and had no problems with. Overall it was a wonderful stay and the friendly staff made us feel at home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the property are quieter, the east side faces a busy six-lane state highwa...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
LI NY
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Room was decent,room clean, breakfast ok,nothing special.Right on main strip.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Inn at Rio Rancho & Event Center
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#50 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.
Address: 2221 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124-6603 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.)
Region: United States > New Mexico > Rio Rancho
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 3 Speciality Lodging in Rio Rancho
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. New Mexico