“Stay here only if you cannot find another place that is dog friendly”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

First we were given a key to a room that was already occupied. Then there were no rooms available on the non-smoking floor. The Wi-Fi did not work. We were given "gifts "of popcorn and coffee, however, there was no coffee maker in the room. The showerhead sprayed water every which way but on your body. The room look like it'd not been vacuumed well as there were pieces of plastic on the floor. The towels were also thin and rough. The pillows actually made a crunching noise when squeezed and were flat.

• Stayed: July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that it was not a pleasant one. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are coaching the front desk on how to check a room to be sure it is not occupied. I will also speak with my housekeeping staff and look into why your room may not have been vacuumed. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at abr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Thank You.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Carpets were filthy, sofa and arm chair were old and stained and had no support. Room smelled horrible. Never had internet access with the wi fi offered. One window had broken latches and kept flinging open with the strong winds. We had to prop up the ironing board to keep it closed. I have a toddler and an infant, and for cleanliness, health and safety reasons,
I asked if we could be switched rooms but was told we couldn't because the hotel was under renovations and we booked through "Expedia" so they couldn't offer another room. I was told a manager would call me, but that call never came. We ended up leaving a day early and staying at a different hotel on our last night there. I will NEVER EVER stay here again, and I will make sure to post a review on Trip Advisor of my experience here. Terrible, just terrible. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and that we were unable to accommodate your room request. We are working to improve our hotel and our rooms so that your experience is not repeated. Our maintenance staff has fixed the window issue and we will be contacting our internet provider to address the issue with the Wi-Fi. We will also be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure that we are providing our guests with proper service and that every room is being cleaned to our standards.

Thank you again for your feedback; it will help us to improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at abr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can show you all the positive strides we have taken to improve your experience with us.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A great deal for one night or more. Love the full size fridge...also has a stove, microwave and dishwasher. The outdoor pool is well maintained. The staff go over and above in excellent customer service. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 7 June 2014

They are "discriminating". They cater to "thugs, drug dealers & prostitutes'! I have witnessed all of it and have had to call the police in order to "feel safe" because the front desk staff refused to handle it!!!!!! This property does this ONLY to get your money without telling you the truth. This property was robbed in late 2013 and they had security ( that was the only reason I choose them) but fired them as soon as possible. I was then told by management directly not to talk to other guests and let them know their vehicle or persons might be in jeopardy . They put all questionable guests on the second & third floor. The staff does not care about your need, health or safety! They will give you lip service ONLY!!! I suffer from a disorder, I have informed the staff and management of this disorder and they refuse to accommodate me. The Staff will leave you messages on your phone and erase them before you can check them, as well as, delete all your saved messages, they bang on your door like a cop, and they call you continuously time after time. The staff (supposed MANAGEMENT) "do things on purposes" to disturb your peace in your room such as disable your room keys, going into your room, going into rooms that don't need to cleaned and slamming doors, as well as, slamming exterior doors in the hall wall. The management sends employees through the hallways to look into your room I actually witnessed a maid taking pans out of the "dirty laundry basket" and putting them in a room she cleaned. The plumbing has been completely out twice and restricted at least seven times. Bring BOTTLED WATER!! The fire alarm has gone off "FIVE" times during my stay, The elevator has been stuck twice (with reports of it not working more). Just after I checked in a guest who suffers from claustrophobia had to be pulled out by the fire department. There have been "four fires" during my stay due to staff renting rooms to suspect individuals. The laundry rooms do not work correctly even though it has been reported several times. The heat and air in the building are not operable for correct operation for the convenience of the guest (EXCEPT on the 1st floor). If you are a smoker don't allow yourself to be put on the third floor(or if you care about your life!) The third floor runs 90 degrees plus at all times during spring and summer, so you won't be able to temperature control your room for the benefit of the "extended stay". The room rates are always incorrectly charged and they WILL charge your card for a higher rate than the reservation cost, even though you pay cash even though you do not approve the charge on your card. The staff disables your room key. My card has been disabled 5 times within the last 10 days. The laundry rooms do not work correctly even though it has been reported several times. The heat and air in the building are not operable for correct operation for the convenience of the guest (EXCEPT on the 1st floor to mask their dysfunction). "My room has fleas, roaches and grasshoppers which has been reported over 10 times to be spayed. Even after asking for them to spray they just give LIP SERVICE! There have been several reports to the staff about drug deals and people casing the parking lot and they refuse to call police. Don't let them fool you...................... THEY DON'T CARE!! I just tried to extend my reservation and they refused................................................ HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM It makes one wonder after being a guest for nine months......................... Maybe I am disabling their drug deals!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. As well, I apologize for the issues and disturbances you experienced during your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we truly appreciate your feedback. Please contact me, at abr@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a small youth group in New Mexico for the weekend and we stayed at this property. They over sold the hotel and we all had to take smoking rooms which were horrible smelling not what we reserved at all. Two rooms upon check in had feces in the toilet. The carpet and couches all had burn holes. We had two families apart of our group that left and stayed at another property they couldn't deal with the cleanliness and staff They charge you upfront for your entire stay which wasn't an issue the problem was they checked out one of our rooms early when we had already paid for the next night. Imagine coming back to the hotel and seeing staff going through your stuff when you had paid for the day already!! The one bright spot was the gentleman I believe his name is Ricardo who worked the late night shift very nice and tried to help us as much as he could through the mess. As a group who travels around the country this was by far our worse hotel experience we have put out to our entire organization to stay away from this location. Lesson learned the hard way!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the booking issues you experienced during the check-in process and the level of cleanliness in you room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy, guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to me directly at, abr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I relocated from colorado and had to stay at this hotel for two months while our house was being built . We had no choice since we had our two cats with us and no other hotels accepted pets. Be warned our room was so dirty and unsanitary , I cleaned it for seven hours and still we were still too grossed out to use the kitchen so we ate all our meals out! I found fleas in the carpet and there were gnats constantly in the room even though I kept the window closed. The staff was okay but I found that there was a lot of drama going on from the housekeeping gossiping about the drama going on with the staff. My major complaint was the cleanliness , I would borrow the vacum to use in the room weekly and i cleaned our own room bc to get it cleaned it was an additional fee and they didn't do a good job in the first place. I just appeal to you stay america to provide cleaner rooms and a more professional environment its not fair that just because you have your pets with you , you have to be designated to these substandard hotels it was an unpleasant stay but our only option .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skye b
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not conduct themselves in a professional manner during your stay. I will be meeting with our staff to discuss your feedback and to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at abr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed here before and so knew what the hotel was like. However, this time we requested a room on the side of the hotel that was away from the road to avoid road noise. We lost the beautiful mountain view but the quiet was worth it. The carpet is worn throughout the hotel but I was told by Management that new carpet was due to be put in during 2014. The walls could use some paint. It is an older hotel and overall well kept but it could use upgrades for sure. We used the fitness room alot it has the basics and served our purpose.

Room Tip: Just be aware that it is an older building and don't expect fancy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Shirley - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request and that you got to take advantage of our facilities. I do apologize for the condition of the carpets and paint throughout the hotel. As we mentioned, these items are due to be upgraded and touched-up in the coming year.

Thank you again for your feedback. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
#4 of 5 in Rio Rancho
Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
#31 of 143 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.

Address: 2221 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124-6603 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd.)
Region: United States > New Mexico > Rio Rancho
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 3 Speciality Lodging in Rio Rancho
Price Range: £55 - £228 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho Blvd. New Mexico