“Quiet place, and good for your”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quiet place, and good for your”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I stayed at this HGI for one night just before Christmas. It's a bit challenging to find the hotel entrance from Rio Rancho Blvd. but not too difficult. I had Room 101 at the southern end of the first floor. The room was big and clean and I never heard any traffic noise from the street. Otherwise this is a typical and relatively new HGI, and there is a Starbucks right next door if you want a fancier coffee drink than the basic in-room brew. I'll be back next time I need to stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank silverthief2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
n va
Reviewed 2 December 2011

There are just a few things the weary traveler needs in accommodations at the end of the day; a clean, quiet and comfortable room, a decent meal, and folks who understand that you are tired of being on the road.

This HGI has all of those things.

Upon arrival I was met by a professional and helpful staff.

The property has an indoor pool, fitness room and business center.

The room was clean, comfortable, and contemporary. Although there was a bit of road noise, it was easily mitigated by leaving the fan “on.”

The food was excellent in both taste and presentation. “Hilton” menu for supper but acceptable choices. Breakfast clearly above the norm.

The service was superb. The staff motto appears to be “can I help you with that?”

I heartily recommend this property.

Room Tip: rear room to aviod road noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel is a typical HGI, it's about 10 minutes from I25 and is across the street from a large Intel factory which creates heavy traffic at rush hour. There no restaurants with in walking distance, but there are several nice local places to eat within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at the Rio Rancho Garden Inn while visiting family over fall break.

The staff has been so accommodating. We asked for a handicap room. This can be a challenge. The team made sure the room stayed available for our check in.

We had family over to swim and ordered pizza. The staff was so courteous and let us eat it in the restaurant.

The next morning, (at 4am) I couldn't sleep so I went to the lobby to try and not wake everyone. The nice guy at the desk must have felt sorry for me because he gave me a free breakfast voucher.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Babym00ners
Frisco
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was very nice. I wouldn't recommend Albuquerque/Rio Rancho as a place to vacation but for obligations I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rooms were very nice and I felt very safe the whole time I was at this hotel. This hotel is located directly across the street from a very large Intel plant so I believe this hotel relies mostly on corporate and management guests. The rooms were very clean and the staff was for the most part friendly. There weren't a lot of ammenities associated with this hotel but as I said before I don't believe that a "family" stay fits their business model.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. You may get a view of the beautiful mountains if you ask for an eastward facing r...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jacobbroberts
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for work recently. The rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. If you need to stay in Rio Rancho, the hotel is a fine location. I used the fitness center, which had treadmills, a "cross-ramp" trainer, and weights. The hotel also has an indoor pool.

The water heater for the hotel broke during my stay, resulting in a cold shower. I called the front desk person, who said the hotel was taking steps to fix it. I was annoyed by the lack of hot water, but these things happen, and you want staff members to be apologetic and working on solutions. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BertDC
abqrr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Bert,

I want to offer my sincere apology for the cold shower. I am aware of the incident where our hot water system temporarily failed. The front desk got the first call just before 6am and we had hot water circulating by 6:55am. Unfortunately most people, including yourself, are showering during that time frame. It is an extremely rare occurance for our boilers to shut off. All we had to do was start them up and the robust system had water back up to proper temperature within 30 minutes. We are looking into the cause of the outage and although there have been no issues since that morning, we want to ensure no future guest has to endure a cold shower as you did. Again, I'm sorry and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Respectfully,

Justin Coffman
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2011

The hotel room was nice. Clean rooms, flat screen TV, digital thermostat, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, well maintained, good indoor pool and exercise area, easy access to main roads, close restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#51 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!