“Balloon fiesta”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Farmington, United States
“Balloon fiesta”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice newer hotel & better than surrounding hotels Convenient to activities and highways Near restaurants and outdoor venues Close to balloon fairgrounds and museum Fifteen minutes to downtown Albuquerque

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your recent post regarding the Hilton Garden Inn locaed in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. We hope you enjoyed your time in New Mexico and the beautiful balloons.
We agree with you that we are in a great location and convenient to shopping, dining and entertainment. We agree we are one of the best hotels during balloon fiesta as it is just a quick simple drive or even catch the Balloon shuttle from across the street.
We hope you stay with us on your next trip into Rio Rancho/Albuquerque.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Check-in was a breeze. Ms. Gomez at reception made the process quick and very pleasant. Questions about the area and its restaurants were fielded with aplomb. My room was clean and quiet. I slept well and really enjoyed my stay. Thank you HGI Rio Rancho!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mozelle58
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that our team took great care of you during your stay with us.
We also want to thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms we take great pride in our housekeeping. Glad you noticed. Please come back and see us next time your are in the area.
Lordsburg, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last weekend because it is close to where we were attending a conference at the Elks Lodge. We were able to walk along safe pathways all the way to and from the Lodge and felt safe, even after dark. The hotel is located in the center of an industrial area, only a few miles from the Cottonwood Mall, and about 5 miles from Balloon Fiesta Park. Taxi service is minimal, with about a 30-45 minute wait. The hotel was up to the usually excellent standards of a Garden Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank christylordsburg
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us at the HIlton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho. We were very happy to be able to partner up with the Elks to set up your overnight accommodations. It is great to hear that we lived up to your expectations. We look forward to a continued relationship with the Elks and hope to see you again in the future.
Albany, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Far from the airport, but the accomodations and staff are incredible. I have been to other Hilton Gardens. This is more than a cut above some of the rest. This is not your average business hotel. The drive from the airport can be dicey, depending on time of day and traffic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Alyce F
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your recent post regarding our Hilton Garden Inn Rio Rancho hotel. We appreciate your positive review. Yes we are a bit of a drive from the airport but once here our location is perfect. very close to many restaurants and shopping with easy access and lots of parking. It is also good to hear that our staff is providing professional, friendly service.
Please come back to see us next time you are in the area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Parking at night was not convenient. Your hostess in the restaurant Tiffanie was a delight to deal with. she is certainly in the right career field. Hotel lobby is comfortable. Just check on the a/c for noise and always check the plumbing for water drainage.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank desertswan2015
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
We appreciate your positive review of our hotel in your TripAdvisor posting. We agree our breakfast servers are an asset to our hotel. We will make note of the AC noise and water drainage issues that you notified us about. We appreciate your input.
Thank you for your business and hope to see you next time your are in our area.
Elk Ridge, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and came with a small microwave and a fridge. The price was great and it was in a nice area of town. The only thing I wish was different, is that the breakfast cost $10. Many hotels for this price, the breakfast is free. That seemed a little too high for me and so we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Marina C
We appreicate your post regarding our Hilton Garden Inn located in Rio Rancho, NM. We are happy to hear that you found our staff and hotel to be a good clean hotel with lots to offer. It is a benefit to us to have such a wonderful location close to both Albuquerque and Rio Rancho.
The Hilton Garden Inn brand is classified as an upscale corporate hotel and therefore we do not offer a continental breakfast which is minimal because it is included in the pricing. What we do offer is the option of dining in our restaurant with multiple breakfast selections from our extensive buffet or from our breakfast menu. Our restaurant is also open for dinner and serves beer and wine. We appreciate your business and do hope to see you next time you are in Rio Rancho
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The rooms were clean. The restaurant and food was nice. The staff, particularly one woman, was a complete joke as an employee. I came to check in and I had reserved a room with two beds. Well, they were all taken, so I was given a King room. After driving all day, I'll admit, I was not in the best of moods. I was quite frustrated that I did not get what I reserved, and I asked what the point of making a reservation was if I was not going to get it. The girl at the front desk apologized and didn't know what to say. I realized I was being a little crazy so I apologized and said I'll just have to deal with it. At the time there was another employee with the front desk girl. I noticed her roll her eyes as I was apologizing for being rude. Seriously? I shrugged it off and finished my check in. As I was walking away, I heard that same other employee call me w under her breath. I was already so flustered and clearly this was not a rational, normal person, so I just kept walking. Later that evening, I came back to the front desk to find out who that person was. The front desk girl told me that that woman's name was Margaret. As I was checking out the next day, I asked for a manager to tell them of my experience. The same woman, Margaret, comes to greet me. I cannot believe that this person, who calls customers obscene names within earshot, gives them dirty looks, and rolls their eyes at customers, was a manager. How this woman got to where she was I have no idea. But if she was the manager then there was nothing that could be done, so I told her never mind, and went on my way. If I can't talk to a manager about this awful employee I will at least inform others not to stay here. Seriously, who treats strangers like that?

Room Tip: Don't stay here.