“I would say with all do respect, I would not stay here again if my life depended on it. Me and my girlfriend got the wrong room,”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend got the wrong room, and then o yes before I forget ladies and gentlemen godd old miss useless (margaret gomez) assistant General manager, tells us o sucks to be you pretty much. So we head up to our room it was a (smoking room) and guess who showes up a few min latter good old miss gomez and kepping in mind ladie and
gentlemen I WAS SMOKING A ELECTRIC CIGARETTE. So then she decides to kick us out. And shes looks over at my
electric cigarette and gos o your doing drugs in the room. So then she calls half of Rio Ranchos police department to escort us off the property. And then chages me another 100$ on top of the 230.14$ stay for smoking in a someing room.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank samsung3431
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

We appreciate you posting your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We do apologize if you feel you were in any way disrespected. Our goal is to ensure the safety and comfort of every guest in the hotel. Unfortunately we had multiple complaints from other guests in the hotel regarding the smoke smell wafting down the hallways. It is our policy for anyone smoking in a non smoking room will be charged a fine. Again, we did not intend any respect to you. We must abide by our corporate policies.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The staff was very friendly and did a great job assisting us. We had a rough day after being in a car accident that resulted in the car being totalled. the front desk clerk was very understanding and empathetic. Overall made us feel welcome and it was a nice ending to a bad day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Hilton Garden Inn located in Rio Rancho, NM. So sorry to hear about your car accident, especially it being totaled. I hope every is doing well. It is good to hear that our front desk staff made you feel comfortable after such a stressful trip. We hope you come stay with us again next time you are in Rio Rancho

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Positive: Warm welcome by afternoon staff 1st day, beds have comfort adjustment, room clean.

Negatives: I went to front desk 2nd day at 7:30am to report a slow drain; with 4 minute shower I had 1inch of water in tub. I had a feeling that it would not get fixed as morning front desk did not write anything down. You guess it, 13hrs later, while showering, slow drain. I called front desk and she asked if they could send maintenance up to fix it; I said "NO" since I was dressed for bed. I then turned on TV and it sounded like a helicopter on every channel. Again, I called front desk and was told it was an easy fix if someone could come up; I said "NO" again since I was dressed for bed. She asked what she could do for me; I told her that "it was up to her to figure out compensation". She said she had to talk with Asst. GM. Well you guess it again, no compensation when bill arrived under door, so I talked with midnight front desk for compensation and she was pleasant and I was compensated for troubles.
I guess the Asst GM didn't want to be bothered or did absolutely nothing.

If you want breakfast at hotel, it will cost $9.95. I was under impression it was included since email from hotel said "Breakfast: Start your day off right with a full, cooked-to-order breakfast." My advice, go 2 blocks North to Wecks restaurant for a good home cooked, plate filling meal for less.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your previous stay at our hotel. We strive to have our entire staff provide exceptional service to each and every one of our guests and apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay. We are glad to hear that our Night Auditor was plesant and took care of compensating you for the issues incurred. We take your feedback seriously and we will take the necessary steps to provide better training to every staff member. We do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to accommodate your hotel needs next time you are in Rio Rancho

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a wonderful and not to mention low cost hotel with a high star rating type deal it is almost to good to be true! I had sent an employee here to stay on a business trip and he had nothing but wonderful things to say. So if you are planning a trip to the Rio Rancho area, THIS is THE hotel to be at!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole D

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback regarding your past stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that your employee had a plesant stay with us. As a brand the Garden Inn hotels are designed to meet the needs of the business traveler. We are a perfect fit for the busines traveler. We hope you continue to use us for your staff and yourself next time your travel brings you to Rio Rancho.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We decided to try this Hilton property for an overnight stay because we have always been very pleased with Hilton Garden Inns. The check-in went very smoothly and our room was acceptable but we were a little surprised when we were informed that breakfast was not complimentary and would cost $10. We decided we could eat a very nice breakfast anywhere for the price so we were a little disappointed there. The property is also beginning to show its age throughout the property. Everything was clean but just a bit aged looking. However, considering the price paid, we really can't complain about that. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rio Rancho. Glad to hear that our staff was pleasant. We are pleased to let you know that our hotel will be undergoing a full lobby renovation within the next month. Our new lobby concept will be warm and inviting. We do hope you come back and see us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few years back. This was close to job site. Very comfortable beds as i remembered. Close to restaurants and starbucks. Across the street from Intel if you are doing business there. Rooms are very quiet. Staff is friendly and helpful. A good place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor regarding our Hilton Garden Inn located in Rio Rancho New Mexico. We are glad to hear that you have stayed with us before and that we lived up to your expectations. We agree with you our location is fantastic.
Please come back and see us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we were in town for a wrestling tournament, the hotel was more expensive than one down the street that had complimentary breakfast. In future stays I will probably stay at the other hotel that has the same accommodations for a cheaper price. The hotel was nice and clean though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor we appreciate your feedback. The Hilton Garden Inn hotel model was designed to primarily serve the needs of the business traveler. We do provide many amenities at our hotel that are complimentary items such as internet, Keurig coffeemakers, MiniFridges and Microwaves. Hilton Garden Inn hotels have an inhouse restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner. The restaurant serves a full breakfast buffet along with made to order and not a basic continental. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
#44 of 143 in Albuquerque
Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!