“Great place to stay!”

Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park
Ashland, Oregon
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had no idea where we were going to stay when I googled motels for that area. Fortunately the other places I called were to expensive or did not pick up. Mountain Valley Lodge's owner Di Ann was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable and the view incredible. I would love to go back sometime and visit. It was a fun visit.

Room Tip: The cowboy room has a nice porch with a beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna M
mtvalley, Owner at Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I own and operate Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park in Rodeo, N.M. and want to say thank you for staying at MVL and leaving such a nice review on TripAdvisor! I have enjoyed meeting you. DiAnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We have found our winter home away from home! We stayed in the Rv park for roughly three monthes. Didn't want to move on it was so wonderful! Very friendly quiet town. Diann our hostess was great! Joined the hiking group on several hikes and Diann also took us on some great ones. Laundry faculties are on site which was really handy for us. Beautiful landscaping and the back drop of mountains in front and back were just terrific. In town within walking distance of two restaurants and tavern. Art galleries too. We will definately return this year! Diann was so helpful and the place is clean warm and comfortable. Yes we have found the great southwest at.its best!

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms by a personal tour. They all look comfy.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed in the Cowboy Room, which was decorated accordingly. The room and bath were nicely updated. There was also a small kitchen area with a refrigerator and microwave. It sits close to a road, but there is little traffic, so it wasn't an issue. The owner was very helpful and friendly. It was our favorite of the places we stayed during our visit to southeastern Arizona. The others were chain motels and this was a pleasant change. It is in a remote area but was convenient to Cave Creek Canyon.

Room Tip: No fitness center or kid's activities. This is an area known for bird watching. Nice place to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank birder-37
Anchorage
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here a week and were so comfy we could have stayed longer. We had originally booked the La Casita but Di Ann knew there was going to be a checkout the day we were checking in so she offered to upgrade us for free to the La Paloma so she wouldn't be rushed to clean. We took the upgrade and we were glad we did. It was a bigger unit, perfect for being 'park central' to my father-in-law in the Cowboy unit and a friend who parked his trailer in the rv space. We cooked every night, which turned out to be a good strategy given the low diversity of restaurants in the area. I communicated quite a bit with Di Ann while meal planning at home to make sure I knew what was present to cook with, and anything that wasn't already there Di Ann graciously stocked from her own kitchen if necessary to make it easy on me. She even had briquettes for the barbecue grill that were leftover from a previous guest so we didn't need to bring them. Not only was the kitchen convenient, but the whole place was set up great for an extended stay. It was truly like having our own house. We slept in only one of the beds and it was pretty comfy. We used the second bedroom for our luggage so we could spread out more (both bedrooms were pretty small). The bathroom (in between the two bedrooms) was really spacious with lots of room to put out cosmetics, etc, and it was well stocked with shampoo, soap and towels. All in all, a great home away from home.

I also checked out the Cowboy room -- it was adorable! I didn't spend much time in there but my father in law said it was comfortable.

This place has a lot to offer for a great price. About the only drawback is that it is not right in the canyon, but if you can live with that you can definitely save money and probably be more comfortable in every other way.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ANCTravel
Rodeo, New Mexico
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Quiet peaceful and warm and cozy! Stay and see all the local birds, as well as a wonderful hostess, DiAnn! We will stay here whenever we come to little Rodeo, New Mexico! I love the the old fashion stuff that she has reconditioned and it adds a nice home type feeling to the rooms with good memories of the old days.Very Clean and equipped kitchen that is very nice to cook in. I loved are stay and give it a Five Star rating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Deming, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The price is so reasonable that even those on a fixed income can afford to stay. The views and landscaping are awesome. This place was a wonderful surprise. Due to my job I am frequently in Rodeo AT least once a month I rent a room from DiAnn. These rooms are great. They each have a theme and the rooms are decorated according to the theme. The smallest room is the size of an efficiency apartment and furnished accordingly..

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I use The Mountain Valley Lodge frequently, both as a place to park myself if I've just gotten to town and can't get my place up and running right away, and as a place to stash family and friends who come to visit. The accomodations are excellent and DiAnn is a fun and gracious hostess. Over the years, both myself and friends and family have stayed in all of the rooms and casitas and can safely say that if you are looking for great lodging in the Bootheel Country, DiAnn's is the place to go.

Room Tip: Call first.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dennis H

Been to Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park? Share your experiences!