“interesting exhibit”

International UFO Museum and Research Center
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Roswell
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum contains a diorama and a film of the "official" autopsy of the alien bodies after the 1947 crash.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

don't expect the flashy gee whiz stuff like Disney. This is mostly letters, reports, etc. about the crash landing. It is kitschy but fun. We just spent one day in Roswell on the way to Carlsbad which was WAY more than enough time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,976)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I'm not sure what I am more bummed about.....the $5 admission, or the time visiting. I will never get back either. We went out of our way to see this instead of Walter White's house in Albuquerque.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

A lot of reading at one time but I did the best I could and did enjoy myself! Some of the displays were a little cheesy. Maybe if a movie set designer could fix them up a little. I felt like they just needed to use that space.
The reading information I could get through was VERY INTERESTING.
I did really enjoy this place and would tell people if your passing through stop by!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was bigger than I thought it would be, and had lots of information. They present the evidence for and against, and have a lot of other information as well. I mention that it's pet friendly because people do being their fur babies in; during our visit one lady had a rather disgruntled cat on a lead. Worth a visit, and they do military discount.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

In planning our road trip west, the wife and I decided that Roswell was a "must-visit" town. For years my mind thought of Roswell as a small, dusty town in the middle of nowhere where something strange dropped from the sky at one time. What a misconception! Roswell is a city. It boasts, in addition to the UFO Museum and Research Center, a military academy, a free zoo, and a pink, yellow or green plastic alien in front of nearly every shop, among other things. There are plenty of motels, and we all know what keeps them full. You can usually find parking on the street. Make certain to locate 114 North Main Street for the museum, as a copycat, much smaller, is not too far away on the same side of the street. The museum runs the 1994 TV movie "Roswell, " so if you wish to watch it, you can. There is no extra charge. Among other things there are plenty of framed news clippings on display, plus a full-sized scene of an alien landing with saucer and humanoids. Every now and then it gets a bit noisy and blows steam to depict a landing. Photography is allowed in the museum, but for some reason, it is not allowed in the adjoining gift shop. Don't miss the cartoons. I especially liked the one of the general saying to is aide, "You mean to tell me that we've been keeping dummies on life-support at Wright-Pat for over 50 years?!?" And I'm still not convinced. As a former editor of "Aviation Week and Space Technology" once told a well-known believer, "You've never ever provided one piece of hardware."