“Don't stay here”
Review of National 9 Inn

National 9 Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Went up to the room and decided not to stay there. The sheets did not fit the bed. The tub was dirty. Furniture in bad shape.
Stairwell was dirty. Two of my kids stepped on gum.
Did not feel safe. They did not ask to see my ID.
The pool was closed.
The staff was nice but the accomodations were not.
When we left there we stayed at another motel much nicer for only $5 more.
We will not be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jolie H

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Room was clean and bed comfort was average. If you need a place to stay passing through this place will work. The only improvement needed is more options for breakfast. All they had to choose from was cereal, toast and honey buns.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SKSJHK
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I was in Roswell back in May of this year, see my review of the Super 8, and this time this hotel was slightly cheaper so I picked this one to see how it compared to the Super 8. This time, I stayed here for one night, Oct. 3rd, 2012. I also picked this hotel because the rooms do have a microwave and mini fridge.

The room was OK, but I'm not that picky. The microwave worked but just barely. The key pad was loose and I'm sure that it could have stop working any second. Lucky for me it continued to work while I was there. I very much doubt that if it had stopped working that I would have got a replacement, even if I was staying there for a few days.

I am a deep sleeper so I may or may not wake up with just one wake up call. I probably would as I had been so far on my trip but just in case I requested several, one an hour until I answered. The hotel I just left in Sierra Vista, Az had no problem with this request and it was the same price as this one. I wanted to get an early start, as I had a 17 hour & 24 minute drive to get home. If I left early in the morning then I would get home before midnight. This is what I would like but it was not absolutely necessary. When I called to request the wake up calls, I was told that their system will only do one. So I asked to have the night clerk make the other calls and he or she wouldn't have to make them at the exact minute. I was told that the night clerk was "too busy" to be making any wake up calls. As it turned out I did wake up and was checking out at 4:15 AM, so I don't know what the free breakfast consists of or how good it is. It took a little less than a minute for the clerk to come to the desk. I could tell that yes he was too busy to be making wake up calls because he was "too busy - Sleeping", since he came out of a dark room. He took my room key and dropped it into a slot. He did nothing else. I think that I could have put the key in the slot but I thought that he would give me a copy of the final bill to show that there were no other charges to be added, like the other hotels did. Wrong; he was in a hurry to returned to the dark room. It must be nice to get paid to sleep so you are well rested to work another job during the day.

It is obvious from this and the overall attitude of the clerk that signed me in that the hotel doesn't care that much about the customers. I will not stay here again. If you just need a room for one night, are not a deep sleeper and don't care if you don't get any service then this may not be too bad of a choice as it is one of the lowest priced hotel in town. Good luck if you get a room where the microwave may break any second, like the one I had.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SKing1072
Reviewed 14 August 2012

If you are traveling cheap, great place to stay. Room very clean, decent free Internet. Staff was very friendly. They have laundry facilities. Close to fast food and restaurants. Walmart is fairly close.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

The Ritz, it ain't. But if you want a clean comfy room on a budget, this is your place. We were quite happy :)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank TravelingLT
Reviewed 7 May 2012

OK let me start off by saying, if you are one of those people who cares about if the carpet clashes with the drapes, or that a hotel is a bit old, DON"T come here.
The National 9 is a great basic, local owned hotel. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was nice, and it was quiet. Yes the wall paper was peeling a bit, and the bathroom looks like it escaped from the 1930s, but it was CLEAN! and the room was big for the price, and I love the retro feel of this hotel. They also accept cats (with a $5 fee), which is big, since we were moving from MI. to AZ. and we were not gonna leave her in the car in 100 degree weather. All in all this hotel served its purpose, and was a great deal.

Room Tip: Pick a spot near the back, very quiet, no street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This is the first time in Roswell, the other hotels/motels in the area online were double the price. The room I was in 119 you can tell the room has newer carpet, newer furniture, microwave and refrigerator that most motel 6's don't even have. The bathroom sink and toilet look new but the tile and bathtub are dated but functional. Overall clean and serves its purpose. It has wi-fi also. Was quiet and everything worked. You can tell they are working on improving the rooms - like everything else if you look hard enough you can find fault in about anything. What do you want a clean place to crash for the night or are you spending all day in your room?

Room Tip: I called ahead and made a reservation