“Biggest Rip Off Ever...Keep Driving”
Review of Motel 6 Roswell

Motel 6 Roswell
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
United States
“Biggest Rip Off Ever...Keep Driving”
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Booked room the night before arriving at the Motel 6 in Roswell, NM for 4 people. When we arrived, we were told that the receptionist made a mistake and booked a room for 1 person, not 4, but not to worry, they had a "suite" they would make available to us, but it wouldn't be ready for 20 minutes. We came back to find the "suite" was $30.00 more than the original room, but strangely, that same room on their internet site was the same price. The pool was "down for maintenance" and the staff was incompetent. Several other guests had the same experience. The owner/manager appears to be a seasoned liar. We will NEVER stay here again, even in a pinch. Our advice? Keep driving.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank flexibleflyer32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colorado
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I travel a lot and typically stay in budget hotels. Because of this, I look past a lot of the small stuff that irritates most people. I have walked out of 2 hotels, without staying, in all of my travels and this motel 6 is one of them. The motel would not refund my money even though I had not disturbed the room. They offered a suite upgrade. I would not sleep in that room either, called Motel 6 corporate, and left. Corporate will not assist me, after recommending that I leave! They did tell me that this motel has not been refurbished in over 15 years. Thats a lot of folks in that bed. This hotel is terrible, bring lots of Lysol and Purell.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank 005LicensedToSleep

Travellers are raving about these Roswell hotels

Hobbs, NM
Reviewed 5 July 2009

1. Billing-initially billed for full duration of stay ($342.67), stayed two nights at quoted rate of $59.99 (7/2/09) and $62.99 (7/3/09). Refunded $204.93 for unused nights on 7/4/09 upon checkout. Received call from Mike Ysassi on 7/4/09 requesting additional approx. $74 due to their help desk stating that we'd been refunded "too much". Called Mike on 7/5/09, then corporate customer relations, verified $204.93 was correct refund amount, and that this amount had been refunded *and* no further transactions would be forthcoming for this stay.
2. Reported following complaints:
a. Poor condition of motel
b. Poor attitude/rudeness of employees, including Mike leaving the phone off the hook for over 4 hours, blocking incoming calls.
c. Multiple problems with nonfunctional keycards, leading to custodian ("Leroy") giving us the master keycard at one point.
d. Poor cleanliness (trash in room that was never removed, existed prior to check-in; bad smell/odors in room and common areas; strong scent of marijuana in hallways.
e. Loud noise unaddressed on night of 7/2/09, lasting into the early morning of 7/3/09.

Overall, the hotel was dirty, in poor repair, had no "frills" (and by frills, I mean alarm clocks, TV remotes, maid service, or a clean room). I would never recommend to anyone, even my worst enemy, that they stay in this hotel. It was the worst hotel experience I've ever had, and I've traveled in the Middle East and Southeast Asia.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank subsailor2115
Everywhere
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This is a much newer and nicer motel 6 than many of them out there.... but it is still a Motel 6.
Bring your own clock and shampoo, these are not things that the motel provides. Nice big parking lot made it easy to park the trailer we were towing.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank trektravel
new mexico
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I'll start at the beginning. When we checked in we were told that the suites had been over booked and they were going to move us to a smaller room. We were told that everyone in suites had already checked in. After some conversation she finally gave us a suite. So she lied to us about everyone checking in hoping we would just take a smaller room. When we paid the rrom was $10 per night higher than what I was told over the phone and the response from the lady at the counter was I'm sorry and went on with charging the credit card another $60(we stayed for 6 nights). As the week went on we had to go down to the desk and ask for cups, towels and toilet paper becuase the maid never left any in our room. The last night we were there we walked into our room and it smelled like a sewer. It was about 2 in the afternoon. We discovered the reason our room smelled so bad was that raw sewage had backed up into the bathtub. We notified the front desk and the man was incredibly rude and said they would get to it when they could. We went to the pool for about an hour to give them time to clean the sewage out of out tub. When we went back into the room it had not been cleaned. We notified the front desk again and were told the cleaning crew had left. We asked who was going to clean the sewage out of our tub and they man at the desk very rudely replied "I don't know!" So we had to go buy bleach to clean the tub to take a shower. Had it not been the last night we would have gone somewhere else. We stay in Roswell for the fair for a week every year and you can bet that we will never be back and will tell everyone else we know to never go back. You never expect much out of a cheap motel but raw sewage in unbareable!!!!!

• Stayed October 2008
3 Thank fairgoer
Albuquerque
Reviewed 14 September 2008

From time to time I drive from Albuquerque on Friday nights and arrive in Roswell about 10:30 at night. The next morning I need to be out of the motel by 7:00. I find this Motel 6 a great value. My registration is through the website, my room is guaranteed. The room is definitely a basic level accomodation. The bed is comfortable enough. The sheets, blanket, carpet, towels are all a little worn but perfectly servicable. There is no little bottle of shampoo in the bathroom--all you get is two little bars of soap. The TV works but the color is a little off and there is some snow over the screen. The location is convenient -- well, to be sure, Roswell is so small anything along Main street is convenient. I have tried several motels over the years but I like this one. The vending machines have worked when I was there.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
new mexico
Reviewed 23 August 2008

This was, by far, the worst hotel experience I've ever had. The facilities were broken (soda machines on all three floors were sold out or out of service for duration of stay (4 nights), vending machines were broken on 2 of the 3 floors, the "spa" (a tiny hot tub) was closed, etc.), no internet service (we had to steal a signal from the Super 8 Motel next door), maid service was non-existent (our room was cleaned 0 times during our stay, despite putting the "Maid: Please clean our room sign" on the door), the air conditioning was faulty at best, the room itself was small (and that's really being kind. It was cruise-ship-cabin tiny), and front desk staff was rude, and everything had an overall dingy/dirty feel to it. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay elsewhere in Roswell, there are plenty of other options.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple