“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
North Carolina
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The check-in was very friendly and quick. We easily found the hotel one block back from the Main Street of town. We found numerous restaurants to choose from, and they were conveniently located near the hotel. As La Quinta rooms go, this was the standard, although this room was narrower than other La Quinta rooms I've stayed at, which made it seem small. Maybe it was because they had so much furniture in it, including an executive/computer desk. The WiFi was not the fastest I've had, but it was adequate. The most striking feature of this hotel room was the bed. I had never slept in a more comfortable bed in a hotel before my visit here. I don't know what type of mattress they had, but it was so pillowy and comfortable. Breakfast was fine. You got all of the usual hot and cold breakfast items. What I wish La Quinta would do is put dogs on a floor of their own. My husband said he was awakened by a barking dog during the night. This dog was in the room next to ours. I mentioned this to the people at the front desk, and they apologized. If you don't want to be around dog noise or dogs, La Quinta might be a place to avoid.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karoleigh
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank You for your comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and we will improve our Hotel. I will pass on your comments to my staff.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I came in with our daughter for the UFO festival, from the moment we arrived it was great, they let us check in early since we arrived sooner then expected. our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable, even when we had a bit of a problem with the toilet they promptly took care of it! I was also in a great location, close enough to get to the fest and other locations in little time but far enough away that we did not need to putz around in traffic lol this location definitely made the 9 hour drive there worth it thanks La Quinta looking forward to next year's UFO fest with you!!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am Pleased to hear about your experience with our UFO Festival. I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. Can't wait to see you next year.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

La Quinta Roswell is conveniently located just one block off north Main Street, with easy access into downtown or nothward out of town, near numerous restaurants, retail stores, and tourist attractions (UFO Museum, etc), and New Mexico Mililtary Institute. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our stay was a good value, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We already have reservations to stay at La Quinta in 2014 for our next visit. KLG.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank You for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. I will be sure to pass them on to my staff. We look forward to your next visit with us here in Roswell New Mexico.

Cypress, California, USA
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our family is on a long road trip in which we will be staying at 10 La Quinta's. Roswell being the first stop. I have stayed at La Quinta before and have always been very satisfied. My family enjoys their stay as well. This La Quinta, unlike many others, offered Cheese Omelets and Sausage along with their waffles and assortments of breads, fruits and juices.
As always was very pleased with our stay. One down, 9 to go.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your experience here in Roswell, New Mexico. We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests. We have expanded our breakfast for our guests and I am pleased you enjoyed it. Again, Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was our first trip to Roswell to experience the Annual UFO Festival. The UFO festival delivers all things extraterrestrial including an Alien Pet Costume Contest (serious competition and the winner was a cat).

Our positive experience at La Quinta included Freebies: WIFI, parking, American style buffet breakfast, coffee in room and in lobby, microwave and refrigerator in room and an indoor swimming pool—especially nice when temperatures are over 100.

The staff is very friendly and courteous (late check out was not a problem) and our room was comfortable and clean (carpets and bedding are a little worn but when a hotel is this kid and canine friendly, perfection is not usually a criteria).

Front desk host, Phil, greeted us enthusiastically and offered a welcome "t-word" (AKA treat) to my pug. Pets have plenty of grassy areas in front and in back of property and all areas of hotel are pet accessible (except for the swimming pool).

Unlike most comparable properties, there is no pet fee, size or weight limit and even the number of pet guest per room is flexible.

The hotel is located a few minutes (by car) from the Main Street stores, restaurants , UFO Museum and Civic Center (Art Museum and Planetarium) and within walking distance to a 24 hour Walgreens and family friendly restaurants.

Advertised rates start at $99 per night.

Room Tip: A family friendly hotel, so selecting a room on the second floor would eliminate the patter of littl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank You Sheila for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. I am sorry I was not able to meet you personally. We do look forward to your next visit and I am happy you enjoyed the UFO Festival. We look forward to your next visit in Roswell.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband took his family to Roswell. He wanted to check out the aliens on our way to the Grand Canyon. Since he drove from Ft. Stockton, tx, we were all tired and wanted to catch up on some rest. The kids love the indoor pool. We even booked another night on our way back from the Grand Canyon. The kids loved and so did we!!!!! Nice people, good breakfast, and they had a washer and dryer!!!! Loved it!!!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I hope you enjoyed your Trip to the Grand Canyon. I am pleased you had a wonderful experience here in Roswell New Mexico. we always like to hear about our guests experience while staying here at the La Quinta Inn and Suites. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.