“Worst Experience Ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Abilene, Texas
“Worst Experience Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. I'm a pretty easy going patron but we had a problem EVERY day of our 4 day stay. I'll tell you about the two worst.

1) We came back late one night and our door (facing a road) was wide open. I had double checked the door that morning and am certain it was closed. I think that cleaning staff must have forgotten to close it. Thankfully all of our belongings were still there.

2) We stayed 4 nights and our last morning staff banged on our door every 15 minutes starting about 7am and then used their access card to open the door. It opened so only so far before it hit the chain lock and then the door slammed shut. They woke us up SEVERAL times before calling the room at 9.

At 9am the manager called and woke me up to accuse us of stealing "bathmats" (the scratchy little towels you put on the floor). He was aggressive and threatened to charge us unless we returned the "three missing bathmats". We, of course, had no interest in their "bathmats". I informed him thusly and he said that we would need to return the "bathmats" before we would be allowed to check out. I told him we could discuss this at check out.

He left us waiting 30 minutes while he cleaned the dining room (we could see him) and then came and aggressively accused us of stealing. The owner came by and I was able to catch his attention and insisted that he get involved. He unapologetically "let us go" saying that "housekeeping staff must be stealing".

DO NOT STAY HERE! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank LaM30138

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Challenges . . . 1)return your key to the front desk or they will charge you $25 - after I picked up my disabled colleague, I mentioned that I needed to drop off the key at the front desk, but he indicated that I could just leave it in his room (on the bed) & they would find it & return it - well, they charged me, informing me that they didn't find the key, 2)if you room is upstairs, there is not enough staff to help you bring your luggage up the 2 flights of short stairs, 3)if you lock yourself out of your room or can't find the key, you'll have to go to the front desk to get their spare, find your lost key & then, return their key back to the front desk, 4)room was clean, but showed that they hadn't deep cleaned in a long while, 4)not all rooms had a refrigerator & microwave & some had none, 5)older staff members were very friendly & approachable - younger ones cranky (and I'm not the only one from our conference that noticed that)!

Room Tip: Lower rooms are better for those who have challenges with stairs & they tend to have the microwa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank KMontoya
Amarillo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

While the pictures of the rooms look nice, they only have a hand full of updated rooms. We did not get the up-dated rooms.
We got something that looks like something you would find in a relight district. Upon walking into the room I noticed the floor was flooded and mud on the floor from the recent rain.
The bathroom provided a broken and lime corroded faucet. Furthermore, hair on the bathroom floor and the bed. Ewe... and to think I paid 79.00 dollars for this torment!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Champale S
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The best Rodeway Inn I've ever stayed. Very nice lobby, and the rooms were clean too. Very friendly staff. I think I would have rated this 4 stars but it got 5 because of the hot breakfast. In fact for me this was the best part, all I could eat biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, etc... I would stay here again if I were in the area!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RyanL10
Palmer, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

If you book online, beware of what you ask for and what you get. One would assume that the senior rate would be a room on the first floor, well yes, for an additional $10. There is no Handicap parking except far from where the entrance to the winding stairs is. The rooms are nice, although they could include a coffee maker. The staff is rude and not helpful, including the manager.

Room Tip: If you don't mind steep, winding stairs the rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank d w
Anoka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very nice accommodations - very clean - excellent breakfast - nice people !!! Impressive!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy G
Ganado, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a short business trip to make to Roswell and I was very surprised at the low room rates. Consequently, my expectations were not that high, but I was pleasantly surprised! The room was spacious and nicely furnished. they had a hot breakfast that was very good.

They also had a workout room. Only one of the machines was up and running, but that did not adversely affect our stay. The staff could not have been nicer. If we get back to Roswell any time, this will be our motel of choice. It was inexpensive, but not cheap! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Lower floor has nice bay windows. Nice touch.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business