I have always wanted to take a safari. This July my husband, myself, and our 2 sons took our first trip to South Africa. We stayed a couple of days in Johannesburg and then flew to Neldspruit to start our safari. We stayed 3 nights at Umkumbe and could not have been any happier. Lizelle puts so much joy, energy, and enthusiasm into her game drives. The evening drives with Forward as tracker were stupendous. We cannot believe what he can spot with a sweeping q beam. The staff were very friendly making sure that every guest was happy and that their needs were met. The rooms were clean, charming, and the best to stay in. What a trip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge is located in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, considered by many to be the premier wildlife reserve in South Africa. Located on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, Umkumbe Safari Lodge is perfectly situated in one of the best Big Five game viewing destinations in Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Umkumbe Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umkumbe Safari Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve