“Once in a lifetime experience I would repeat over and over!!”

Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We came with our 4 kids ages 4, 6, 8, 11 for a once in a lifetime trip. We had high expectations but everything exceeded them. We got lucky that there was a cancellation and we got rooms in the Pioneer camp. Which if travelling with extended family you could book the whole camp which is 3 rooms. We had 2 gorgeous rooms connected by a skywalk. Each room felt like a small house. Totally clean and gorgeous decor. We could have easily fit in 1 room. Windows overlooked the river where you could see hippos, monkeys, kudu, birds etc. The food was unbelievable. They made fabulous burgers and chicken strips and fries for kids. Each night they grilled and we ate outside by a campfire with lanterns lit everywhere for light. Truly magical. If I had any complaint there was too much food! Service was excellent but I so enjoyed that it was casual and friendly. Our Ranger was excellent and kept putting our vehicle where the Leopard and Lions could walk right past. Our Tracker had 35 yrs of experience and could spot animals so far away and in the dark!! We saw the Big 5 in our first 24 hrs there! This place is not cheap but I would highly recommend this place if you want a once in a lifetime luxury experience. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TravelwithFourkids
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear TravelwithFourkids,

How wonderful to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic time with us at Pioneer Camp. We are so delighted that the game viewing, accommodation,food and Londolozi family were so enjoyable. Hopefully your 4 kids enjoyed it as much as you did!

We hope that this is not just a once in a lifetime experience for you and your family and that you do indeed return to visit us over and over.

Much love and thanks again for the review,

There are newer reviews for Londolozi Private Game Reserve

Reviewed 8 August 2012

It's hard to add to all the 5 star reviews already listed for Londolozi. My family and I stayed in the Founders Camp for 4 days in the middle of July. From the minute we arrived until the moment we left, we just had the most amazing experience. Special thanks to the girls, Jess and Nadia, for all their kindness and to Rich and Ox for their superb company and opening our eyes to what a Londolozi safari has to offer. Thanks, too, for arranging such lovely surprises to help celebrate my birthday and make turning 40 so much more bearable! The rooms were beautiful and the food was amazing (and there was plenty of it!). We saw the Big Five and many other interesting animals - memories which will stay with us forever. Never has a holiday had such an impact on us. I cried like a 7 year old when it was time to leave and still tear up just looking at all my amazing photos. My husband promises that we can return for our 20th wedding anniversary - 3 years and counting. If you do one thing in life, then visit Londolozi, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Alex T,

Thank you so much for choosing Londolozi as the destination to celebrate your 40th birthday and for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed Founders camp so much, were looked after so well by Jess and Nadia and saw such good wildlife with Rich and Ox.

We can't wait for your return on your 20th anniversary and hope to see you on our blog in the build up to then.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I am here now. The game is world, world class. My ranger Rex and tracker Life are super knowledgable about everything. Fun to be with. And are the tops professionally.And today we saw baby leopard, adult male leopard, tracked leopard on foot, saw white rhino, elephant and more. Lisa the camp manager is thorough and kind and really professional and friendly. And Triesta whom seems like an angel takes care of your food/beverage needs. She rocks. plus I got a massage that was as good as anything you can get in the world. Rooms are beyond gorgeous. And have everything.Plus They have a good gym on property. Food is really amazing all the time. And they are extremely flexible for accommodating special requests. If you want an out of this world complete experience...Stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Roger1211,

We are just delighted to hear that you are having such a great time with us on safari and that Rex and Life are providing you with such outstanding game viewing. We sincerely hope that you enjoy the rest of your time with the Tree Camp team and I will be sure to pass your review onto everybody here.

Thank you again for writing such a phenomenal review.

Much Love,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I know this sounds corny but words do not describe how incredibly amazing our stay at Londolzi Tree Camp was. We loved everything about it, in fact on returning home I felt guilty that I had never been before!

We found out about Londolozi and Singuitta from some South African friends who raved about both game reserves as being the best in South Africa and we were torn as to which reserve to stay on but in the end decided on Londolzi Tree Camp, given it was significantly cheaper than Singuitta.

From the dazzles of zebras we saw within 2 minutes of being on the reserve to the numerous lepoard sighting (and matings) to being a metre away when a coalition of lions who ruled the area started roaring this was the trip of our lives!

We stayed for 4 nights at tree camp lodge, the rooms were extremely impressive, very clean, modern, huge (you enter into a large lounge area, separate bedroom and beautiful bathroom larger than my bedroom at home) and we had lovely views from our deck and plunge pool (we had monkeys and waterboek come right up to our deck). We could ask for nothing more.

Lisa, our hostess, was wonderful and catered to our every whim, which included organising a special dinner in our room on the day that we were especially exhausted from game drives. James T, our ranger and Exon, our tracker, were AMAZING and very genuine people and we had some pretty special experiences all thanks to them. We were also lucky enough to have our own private game drive for the duration of our stay (through pure luck).

Londolozi and Singuitta allow access to each others reserves, and both have policies where no more than 3 vehicles are at a sighting at once. The only thing I would say about Singuitta as opposed Londolozi is that Londolozi has a better location, you really feel in the middle of nowhere whereas I could see the townships from some of Singuitta's roads.

If you are thinking of visiting Londolozi I would highly recommend visiting their blog http://blog.londolozi.com/ which I now follow religiously.

I was planning our return trip on the flight out of Londolozi (yes it has its own airstrip). I could not recommend Londolozi more highly and look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear OTB001,

Wow thank you for such a fantastic review and how nice it is to hear that you had such a phenomenal stay at Londolozi Tree Camp. We are also pleased to hear that your game viewing was so good with James T and Exon.

I will be sure to pass on your review to the Tree Camp team and we look forward to seeing you on the Londolozi blog until your next visit.

Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is our second trip to Londolozzi and each time it has been superb thanks to the caring staff and mos of all to our ranger Adam(go see his blog on Londolozzi). He is dedicated and a great teacher and every outing is a great safari experience. On our first trip it was more the leopards and this time it was the lions. Yes we saw the big five+ a cheetah and a baby leopard but it is interesting to understand the migration of the animals from Kruger into Sabi-Sands. Most of all it is the knowledge that the rangers have of the animals that are in the territory, able to indentify from which pride the lions are..
The individual lodges are wonderful as well as the deck where you have your meals.
great place I will definitively return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear laloux,

Thank your for returning back to Londolozi for a second time and for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so pleased that your time with Adam was so worthwhile and thatyouhad such phenomenal game viewing! In particular the leopard cub.

We look forward to seeing you back for another visit in the near future and on our blog until then.

The Londolozi family

Reviewed 27 July 2012

It's been a week now since I (along with my family) have left Londolozi and my withdrawl symptoms are reaching their peak! Who knew that I would ever miss waking up at 6 a.m? Then again, when waking up comes with hot chocolate served to your doorstep, you can't really complain... We stayed in Tree Camp and the camp grounds were absolutely stunning, and continued to take my breath away for the entire duration of my stay (4 days, 3 nights).

What I've come to recognise as typical South African hospitality is the way everyone is so friendly and just seem to really enjoy what they do. We were assigned a butler, Matthew, who has found such a special place in my heart after this trip with his warm smile, the way he spoke German and also attempted to teach me some Shangaan, and just his general sweetness. Everyone was incredible! In terms of our actual safari experience, we could not have asked for a better team. Jess and Jeff were amazing as a partnership, totally in sync with one another and both extremely talented, which allowed for superb game viewing experiences. As a rookie photographer, I particularly enjoyed the fact that it allowed me to get such good photos. Not only that, they were just lovely people in general and great company. Their passion for what they do is contagious... pretty sure I want to be a ranger now, because it seems like such a fulfilling, enjoyable job! Generally all staff were very walm and welcoming, to the extent where it really felt like I had made friends on this trip, rather than met the hotel staff.

Furthermore, after a long, busy day of game viewing, being able to retreat to the beautiful rooms after a spectacular dinner was great. The beds were soft and just allowed for a good nights rest (crucial in regards to the schedule you have). The room itself was beautiful, as I previously mentioned, with plenty of sunshine streaming through the windows. I absolutely adored the spacious bathrooms too. Nice touches with the exercise ball and yoga mats, definitely came in handy. The outside area was lovely, it's just with the often very cold temperatures that we experienced, we weren't able to fully enjoy them (just means we'll have to come back in the summertime!) Also previously mentioned was the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, all fantastic. You have to try the dessert they have without a doubt. All of it was just perfect.

On our final day, the entire family was all decked out in our Londolozi clothing (beanies, ruffs, and gloves all included as well) and very sad to leave. As we took off in a small plane from the Londolozi airstrip to Kruger International Airport, we caught a final glimpse of Jess and Jeff waving goodbye from their car - something that really made me feel like we were leaving friends behind, not a feeling you typically get when you leave a hotel. The experience in its entirety was beyond amazing and I will, for the rest of my life, recommend it to everyone looking for a safari experience. There's nothing more I want to do right now than go back! It truly, despite our short stay, felt like a home away from home. If I could give it a higher rating, I would. I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly about this experience that changed my life, but undoubtedly I've returned to the big city of Singapore with a new mindset, and a brand new appreciation for nature that one can only get from an experience like this! Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vicky1995
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Vicky1995,

Wow, thank you so much for such a detailed and incredible review of your time with us at Londolozi. I will be sure to pass this on to Jess and Jeff as well as Matthew from Tree Camp who will be delighted to read this.

We are just so pleased that enjoyed the many different aspects of your stay and we sincerely hope that you felt like a member of the Londolozi family. Please come back and visit us soon, we cant wait to have you and your family back.

Much Love,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent four nights at Varty camp in late May and had an absolutely wonderful time. Accommodations and food were fabulous and within several hours our ranger and tracker (Helen and Enoch) felt like old friends. We followed the blog before (and after) our trip and felt like we knew many of the animals we saw. Absolutely top rate operation in every possible category.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Alfiekit,

Thank you so much for visiting Varty Camp and for your kind review. We are so pleased that you had such a fantastic time on safari at Londolozi and that you enjoyed Helen and Enoch so much.

We look forward to having you back here SOON! and seeing you on the Londolozi blog until then.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge
#2 of 13 in Kruger National Park
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Res...
#1 of 1 in Inyati Private Game Reserve
#1 of 1 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Elephant Plains Game Lodge
Elephant Plains Game Lodge
#16 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Private Game Reserve? Share your experiences!