“Incredible!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tydon Safari Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Tydon Safari Camp
“Incredible!!! ”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My dad and I spent 4 nights at the camp and can't stop going on about how amazing the experience was. The guides were great!!! The tents are for sure the best way do a safari and the food was excellent!!! From the welcome we got till drop of in Johannesburg the people at tydon did all they can to make us feel as comfortable as possible.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited Johannesburg for work and decided to take advantage of the fact that I was in South Africa. After searching numerous safari's, decided on Tydon Safari Camp. What a great decision! The staff was incredible. Jaques and Debbie took great care of me during my 3 night adventure. As luck would have it, I was the only guest for 2 nights, so I had my own personal safari! Jaques and Debbie were incredible, knowledgeable guides. We were able to witness a leopard in a tree with it's kill (still can't get over that) and find the Big 5 after a day.

The entire staff at the camp was great. The meals, the "tents", everything. Can't say enough about how wonderful a time I had. The absolute experience of a life time.

-Rodney
Atlanta, GA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rodney619
Eugene, Or
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This family owned and operated business provides the warm, personal experience you want when you are 'on safari'. Our hosts took wonderful and special care of us as we arrived the day after my wife took a fall breaking her foot and ankle and messing up her arm. She was on crutches and in a lot of pain - and the staff helped us through all of that with special care for our 6 day experience. Thanks Gavin and Barnet. We especially loved our guide Barnet - she was very knowledgable and helpful. The food was great - home cooking at its best. The twice a day safari drives were wonderful - we especially enjoyed being in the leased area of Sabai Sands where Tydon folks can go off road to locate and follow wild life. This in contrast to the Kruger experience where it's much larger - but one must stick to the main roads to view the animals. Both experiences are marvelous by the way - just different. Our camp was just outside the Sabai Sands park entrance but they also operate a small bush camp inside the park. Where we stayed there were maybe 6-15 people there at a time. The safari vehicles hold 11. Anyway in spite of infirmities we enjoyed our visit in the bush very much and would highly recommend these folks. I't not the luxury experience of the $1000/night per person places - but really - I'd much rather be in this more authentic environment than being served French food on linens by a formally dressed waiter. We go to Paris for that…..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fiddle_man
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Absolutely amazing time spent at Tydon Safari Camp for a 4-day safari in April 2014.
Very intimate camp with a limited amount of tents deep in the bush. This was the perfect oxygen-bubble needed after hectic days at work in everyday life.
The game drives were above all expectations. Sharing this experience, already incredible, with great "camp-mates" and passionate guides was fantastic. Always in a good mood, smiling, laughing, answering kindly to every question we had (eventhough these were not always so wise :-)) Had the chance to have snapchots of animal's life - a good lesson of respect and simplicity for human beings.
Comfort, welcome, landscapes, food, people, eveything was just unforgettable!
If you plan to travel to SA for a safari, Tydon is definitely the best choice you can make.

Million thanks to the Tydon tribute - and hope to see you soon! As a very special visitor of the camp already said: "I will be back" too :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline D
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in Johannesburg for work for few days and wanted to stay one week on vacation. I chose Tydon Safari and I made the best choice! I chose the formula 6 days 5 nights with alternating games to the Kruger Park and the Sadi Sand reserve and a game walk in Sabi Sand. We picked me up at my hotel (in Sandton) and pick me back to the airport in Johannesburg, taking the panoramic road (worth it!). I was very lucky because I saw "The Big Five" in one day (I was lucky lili!!!) ! The camp is very nice, quiet and relaxing. The facilities are great. The tent is very comfortable, it feels like the hotel! And Rangers team is extraordinary friendly, welcoming, smiling, caring. I got one and I was welcomed into a family. In July/August, very few vegetation so maybe easier to see animals.
I really recommand this address !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ore-Lili
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I went on the 4-day safari in April 2014 which included game rides in Sabi Sands and Kreuger and very highly recommend Tydon Safari to anyone considering a safari in South Africa. Tydon is a family owned and operated operation that delivered a uniquely authentic safari experience. The safari groups are small in size which was ideal for getting to know other guests and by the end of the 4 days no one wanted to say good-bye. The owners Gavin, Vangie, Tyron and Devon were super friendly and fun to chat with around the campfire each night. The guides were also fantastic and made the experience memorable with their infinite knowledge and funny annecdotes. You can pay many hundreds of dollars more for a commercialized safari that will not even come close to comparing to the experience you get with Tydon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Italy
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had an amazing experience at Tydon Safary. The camp site is very nice, the tents are very comfortable, nice and clean. The evening over dinner everything was great around the campfire. meals and accomodations was so exceptional, that is exceeded even our high expectations. Special thanks to Gavin , Debbie and Bernet.
The guides were extremely knowledgable. We did 2 game drives in Kruger, 3 in Sabi Sand... all were exciting/amazing.
You get so close to the animals in Sabi sand going off road.

We will be back someday and WILL stay with them again!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family