Stayed for my girlfriends 30th birthday. Loved the drive from Nelspruit in the big truck we hired. Had a lovely room over looking the river. Amazed to see giraffes, elephants etc all drinking the moment we arrived. Fantastic. The game drives were superb. Saw the big 5 more than once and id be shocked if anyone stayed here and didnt see everything.
Rangers are fantastic and loved every minute of it. I was here three days two nights and would say 2 or 3 days is enough. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. Hotel did a cake for my gfs birthday at lunch and brought out sparklers and sang happy birthday round the camp fire at night. Food is good. Not out of this world but good enough and you are in the bush. Enjoyed toasting marshmellos after dinner.
Overall after travelling all round the world the whole Africa experience is out of this world. Best trip ive ever done from Cape town to Elephant Plains. Amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. This owner-run lodge caters for the discerning traveller, with a variety of accommodation options including 5 Rondavels, 6 Luxury Suites and a Honeymoon Suite. Activities include two daily game drives and a bush walk. The lodge also offers a spa, gym, conference facility / TV room, games room, small library and two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Elephant Plains Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Plains Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Elephant Plains Game Nelspruit
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve