Singita Ebony was by far the most amazing and luxurious place my husband and I have ever stayed at. This truly is a gem. Everything was perfect - the game viewing was spectacular, food was gourmet and catered to your requests, villas were HUGE with a one of a kind colonial feel.
We (late twenties from Chicago) traveled in April and took advantage of a Singita promo - stay at 2 different lodges for 4 nights and get a 5th night comp. Reference Singita website for promotions - http://singita.com/promotions/. Our 1st 2 days were spent at Singita Sweni and our last 3 were spent at Ebony.
Ebony has more of a colonial African stately feel. The villas are HUGE which all, I believe, have private plunge pool, outdoor terrace overlooking the river and indoor/outdoor showers. It would be a thrill to walk to the main lodge in the AM and see monkeys and kudu watching you! Food was so exquisite and the management did a wonderful job of making our honeymoon special with intimate meals. The game viewing was outstanding with our tracker and driver having both a wealth of knowledge and answer to any questions we had about the animals.
This is truly a once in a lifetime trip. When deciding on the right game lodge - choose Singita and you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the original Singita lodge, Ebony stands steadfast amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa's 'big cat country.' The lodge takes safari design and style to a new level with a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style. Guests are immersed in nature with huge open spaces and interiors inspired by a combination of local tribal culture and the animal kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Singita Ebony Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singita Ebony Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Singita Ebony Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve