We saw the Big Five on our first safari run, thanks to the eagle eyes of Ferdie and Rector, our guide and tracker. They had their hands full when a grumpy, huge elephant decided we were in his way, but they got us out safe and sound. Getting up at 5:00 am would never usually interest us, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see all that Kruger had on offer. We always had a half-way stop for a "Rector" special treat and Ferdie provided the optimum spot for a full moon memory. Lion Sands provided an excellent dinner on a dried-up river bed, complete with white linen and magic candlelight. There was nothing to criticize except that our 3 days were too short. We could sit on our patio and watch elephants and rhinos cross a few feet away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelbag, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve