This was by far the best service I have ever received while on vacation. The staff set the bar high for any other vacation I now take. Our waiter Jabulani was incredible, every person in the service industry should take a page out of his book. Our guide Mike was also a trip highlight. He knew everything there is to know about the animals, habitat and terrain. There were plenty of areas to relax outside the luxurious rooms, we wish we had more time to enjoy ourselves. We spent one night in the Chalkey Treehouse which was very nice as well. If you're a city dweller like myself be prepared to be a little uncomfortable at first because there are no man made sounds. Once the sun goes down it's just you, the stars and whatever animals decide to check out your area below. At no time were we threatened by anything except our own thoughts about what might be out there. I've never seen stars quite like that and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Amazing trip all around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve