We stayed in Simabambili for 3 nights, with our 2 teenage children, and this was our first experience of Africa. Before we left, we just weren't totally sure it would work for us all as a holiday, but we had a wonderful time.
It's a very intimate camp- just 16 guests at a time- but that added to the experience, and made it seem more special. There are 2 game drives each day, one early morning - wake up call from your ranger at 5.30am; and one early evening. Much to our surprise we all really enjoyed the mornings - even our 15year old son, and boy can he sleep! The drives were really productive, and our ranger Richard was very knowledgeable about everything we saw. (Lions, leopards, rhino, giraffes, hyena, water buffalo, hippo, elephants in abundance!.)
The food is tasty and plentiful, and the cakes and pastries in particular were super. We found the prices for drinks exceptionally good value, and certainly received wonderful service from our butler, Pretty. Of particular note was the braai on our final night - great fun and a very unique experience!
The rooms are nice, with large decking areas - a plunge pool, large sala and 2 loungers. The children were next door and that worked well for us.
In short, we enjoyed our time in Simbambili. The weather is cool in July, but not beyond a Scottish family, and the dress is incredibly informal throughout the whole trip. We loved our trip, and all agreed it was great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve