It is the highlight of our 2 weeks vacation in S Africa and Zambia. Everything from the accommodation, the service, dining arrangements and the safari is simply out of this world.
We arrived not expecting much and left at the end of our 4 nights stay with the best holiday experience we ever had. Our suite has all the tappings of luxury despite being isolated in the game reserve. The chalet we had is spotlessly clean, spacious and all the comfort of a 5 star hotel minus the television which is definitely not missed. With full day activities and the quietness of the savanna grassland, this is the place to enjoy the wonders of nature and the countless number of stars in the sky.
We learned that being on private property in the Sabi Sands reserve, we are able to drive off track and this makes the safari exciting, adventurous and fun. Pierre, our guide and Service our tracker deserves special mention for making every safari trip ( twice a day) a different experience. Stopping for our morning coffee breaks and sundowners in the bush is an exhilarating experience, either watching the animals or out in the open listening to the sounds of the animals in the distance.
Dinner is never the same. Being in the winter season, we had camp fires on 2 evenings in the open areas, a romantic candlelight dinner served in our suite with wine, flower petals and tea light candles decoration. On the last night, dinner was held at the Bomba, an enclosed outdoor area much like the "Survivor Series" setup.
We enjoyed the food which is very delicious and of high quality. Every meal is a dining experience and the dishes are never repeated. The extra drinks we had at the lounge was so reasonably priced for a luxury game lodge.
What can we say about the Simbambili team who took care of us and catered to our every needs during our stay? A very big thank you for the warmth and hospitality and for making our first African holiday a memorable and fantastic one.
This is the place you start to miss when it is time to depart and you look forward to your next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve