We travel often to luxury lodges in either KNP or surrounding concessions, this, I must say, is up there with the best. The one disappointment was our arrival. After a long journey, we were told there were photographers there and we would be "inducted" shortly (the photographer was a SA celebrity) however, Nox, who we learned was to be our "Butler" during our stay, made up for everything, wow what an asset, I wanted to take her home to look after me!!!! She was constantly there, topping up the wine glasses, getting the beers (I requested a specific beer, which they has in copious supply), making sure the electric blanket was not on, too hot, unusual for August. The food was great, ample portions and in various locations in the evening, river bed, boma, deck. Louis and Celebrate, our guides were extremely knowledgeable, finding the big 5 in one day, and that was after only seeing Impala for the first hour and half of the morning drive, they actually proved that they do track (thought this was purley for the tourists, but they did it!!) The prices of the bar was extremely reasonable for a Lodge. The rooms were lovely, but I do enjoy the outdoor shower, which they didn't have. But the bed in the Sala was comfortable and relaxing. Take a trip to the Spa, excellent massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve