Bush drives at Simbambili is something you can't beat. Our guide (LIam) was awesome. The whole expierience is so much cooler when the guide is more excited than you are. We saw the big 5 plus wild dogs, various diffrent types of birds, a roaring lion right by our jeep, Hyenas, had coffee in the bush with our group- really it was fabulous.
Everyone at the resort was super friendly and nice. Rainus- was super sweet!
They hold group dinners in the bush and near their boma which are really nice.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Designed with a lot of natural colors to really feel out the nature theme.
The sala is extremely large- nice place to hang out with a book or your camera. There are alwasy elephants or buffalos hanging out near the lodge.
If you are vegetarian your food options suck. I gained 5 lbs while at Simbambili- I ate bread and cheese for lunch and dinner. Definetly not a 5 star resort when it came to food. All the drinks cost money- so prepare to spend.
After the bush drive every morning you return to your room for 6 hours- 6 hours! There is no tv or wifi in the rooms. You are not allowed to walk aorund in the resort since it is inside the bush and there are animals that hang out there. sdo basically you are stuck indoor. The plunge pool is pretty to look at, but seriously it is way to cold to enjoy on a August trip.
It would be nice if they put a hot tub instead, that way everyone can enjoy it- no matter what season.
Our room had a cockeyed toilet seat- 5 stars- I think not and i called every single day to the front reception for someone to come fix our sala lights (we were there for 5 nights). They never got turned on- we never got to see what it looked like outside our bedroom at night with some light. It would of been nice to have that- since you are in your room even after dinner.
one last thing- you couldnt hang out even in the dining/lounge area.
So one of the main reasons I give Simbambili 4 stars is becasue of the Game Drives without those I would give it a 3.
Book this lodge if you want a wild and crazy adventure. I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the animal sightings.
If you are looking for luxury and a resort you can enjoy- this may not be the place for you.
But seriously- I don't think you can get a better game drive anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve