Arathusa safari lodge is a great way to see some amazing wildlife in relative comfort. The lodge is located in Sabi Sands, a private game reserve next to Kruger and is accessible via a private landing strip. Here's our take on this property:
- good safari excurions ( in the early morining and late afternoon). Lots of wildlife to see, even in the down season.
- great food.
- other than eating, sleeping and being driven around during the safaris, there is little/nothing to do. So bring a good book.
- the rooms were clean, but given location, there are lots of bugs around. The rooms are not perfectly closed, so you will have mosquitos and other bugs in your room. (my wife was not so keen on this)
- the pool was not very appealing
- somewhat costly, and they made us pay for softdrinks and water.
Overall, a decent experience, but next time, we might try a different place.
- Also Known As:
- Arathusa Safari Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Arathusa Safari
- Arathusa Safari Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve