I did a lot of research on where I wanted to stay for a safari - I narrowed it down to Sabi Sands, and then further down to Idube based on price, location, sightings, shared reserves & reviews. My friend traveling me was reluctant as it was higher priced than others she looked at, but after an amazing stay, agreed it was worth it!
-There are enough people at the reserve to find some you'd enjoy conversing with, but not too few that you can't avoid those who might not be your ideal dinner companion.
-The food was good - I wouldn't say it was the best ever - but it was good & plentiful.
-The lodges were clean, spacious & well decorated.
-The bathroom was fantastic - a fantastic rainhead shower, huge tub AND and outdoor shower. -The staff was friendly - from Lauren & Andrew who manage the place (Andrew also was our game driver), to our tracker Lonnet & the others who interacted with guests.
-6 guests per vehicle
-We saw all of the big 5! I went there knowing it was unlikely but they really do their best to ensure you have amazing sightings. They traverse other reserves (as they do Idube's) but limit the number of jeeps that can be at a sighting at one time (2 max). But other vehicles go on standby.
The only "con" of Idube was the wait/serving staff... they didn't tend to smile or say hello. Now this could be a cultural/language difference. Being American, we do have a very customer service oriented culture where you are told to greet customers at every instance with a smile & to be very friendly - sometimes too friendly according to other cultures.
I would highly recommend choosing Idube!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idube Game Reserve is a safari lodge situated in the Sabi Sand Reserve, in the heart of South Africa’s premier wildlife conservation area of the Greater Kruger Park. Game, including the Big 5, is viewed really close by from open Land Rovers, or spotted on guided walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Idube Game Reserve Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Idube Private Game Reserve Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Idube Game Reserve Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve