After a 2 hour trip in a minibus from Nelspruit airport, we arrived shaken (not stirred) at the lodge. We were shaken because of the long distance on bad roads, but that was partly compensated because on the way in we already saw elephants browsing along the road. The whole management of the lodge turned out to welcome us and to guide us around so that we were made familiar with the place and the routine of this safari camp. After a short break we were taken with a spare landrover to our ranger for the coming week. Within few hours we had seen 4 of the big five: lion, elephant, buffalo and leopard, the rhino came the next morning. All we all in the 5 days we were at kirkman we saw the big five many times, inclusive a herd of buffalo of more than 500 animals and a herd of elephants of more than 70 animals, great and small. A very worthwhile visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The spirit of safari comes alive at historic Kirkman’s Kamp. Step back in time into the gracious early settler atmosphere of this original 1920s homestead and marvel at the spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness from each of the 18 guest cottages and the lodge’s rim-flow swimming pool. Rolling lawns carve out a niche in a wild and tumbling wilderness that hosts memorable game viewing in one of the most renowned Big Five wildlife regions in the world. Spacious sitting, dining and bar guest areas contain original mementos of a time long past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirkman`s Kamp Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Kirkman's Kamp South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve