My sister and I just got back from 4 nights at Kirkman's Kamp (KK) and all I can say is WOW! From the moment we arrived, it was clear this place was special. We were welcomed and introduced to the staff, including our ranger Brett, who met with us alone to learn our wishes for safari. This being our first safari, of course we wanted to see the Big 5, especially the big cats. We were not disappointed. On our first evening drive, we saw elephants, lions mating, and a leopard with her cub. It only got better from there. Our tracker Colin (who we nicknamed Eagle Eye) made sure we saw the Big 5 and more; his talent is unbelievable and KK is lucky to have him. We went off-roading on several occasions to get a birds eye view of a leopard in the tree with his kill and a pride of lions who had taken down a giraffe. It was fascinating to be so close to the animals and observe them in their natural habitat. But even besides the animal sightings, KK was just an all-around great experience. The grounds were beautiful and the communal areas were cozy and comfortable. The family-like atmosphere and camaraderie between guests and staff was awesome. The food was plentiful and every single meal was delicious. The included laundry service was wonderful; everything was washed and ironed to a tee (better than I do at home, LOL). The massages and other spa services were reasonably priced and excellent (Thanks Vanessa). And to top it all off, we even had our own personal butler, Friday, to cater to us. His big smile and jokes made my day.
KK was a splurge to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday, but it was definitely worth it. I've gotten hooked and look forward to going back soon. Thanks KK family for a wonderful first safari!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The spirit of safari comes alive at historic Kirkman’s Kamp. Step back in time into the gracious early settler atmosphere of this original 1920s homestead and marvel at the spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness from each of the 18 guest cottages and the lodge’s rim-flow swimming pool. Rolling lawns carve out a niche in a wild and tumbling wilderness that hosts memorable game viewing in one of the most renowned Big Five wildlife regions in the world. Spacious sitting, dining and bar guest areas contain original mementos of a time long past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirkman`s Kamp Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Kirkman's Kamp South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve