“African Wonder”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We visited for 3 nights with my husband and adult daughter. This was the highlight of our trip to South Africa. Wow,where do I begin. From the moment we arrived, they greeted us with warmth,served us a delicious lunch with Moses and loaned us a camera(Brenden) then took us out on the most fun and awesome game drive with Ralph and Richard where we spotted wild dogs. Every day was equally great with wonderful service,genuine hospitality and true sense that they were eager to help our every wish to find the big 5 which we did. We met wonderful guests who all had a wonderful time. The room was big,comfortable and welcoming at the end of a busy day. We used the pool that was refreshing and had a great view. Massage with Jonetta was fantastic.At night someone(Sipht) walked us to our room and made us feel so safe.
I loved Kirkman's Kamp and will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank knit27

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Kirkman was my first safari stop and I was totally impressed with the quality of rangers and trackers. Out of 4 different andBeyond properties Kirkman was the best based on the safari experience.

They impressed me right from the first moment after I arrived. I knew in advance that I was going to be very late for the first safari drive so I did not expect it at all. However, as soon as I received my welcome drink the camp manager asked me if I want to join a safari. Of course I wanted so she found a car and a ranger to bring me to the vehicle I was assigned to for the next 24 hours. I was very impressed by a ranger knowledge. Actually, not only by knowledge (andBeyond is famous for well trained rangers), but by willingness to share the knowledge (I was able to compare it to other camps later). After first 24 hours I had a private vehicle reserved and again my ranger and a tracker were extremely good. Not only they were trying to help me with what I wanted, they were also making really good suggestions on what else we can do/see. So they were extremely proactive in trying to please.

Overall the facility/food/other staff are also very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ganna P
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We enjoyour second weekend at KK just as much as our first! No effort was to much! I would like to thank Katherine for her patience in getting us there, Gift for the hearty welcome, Moses for looking after us and for the delicious crumpets he made for our us at the coffee stop in the bush. Thank you Japhet for finding the leopard so early one morning and for Elliott getting us through the donga (very deep ditch) that evening in order to find a good spot to watch the male leopard resting after a hectic day of mating. We saw the female as well but she decided to rest behind a bush. Thank you to the people who gave us this wonderful present. It was the best 46 th wedding anniversary present ever! Thanx again for making your guests visits so special!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elna B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had the most wonderful experience in Kirkman's Kamp. We stayed for four nights at the end of February 2014, with our two kids aged 8 and 7. Everything was perfect, from the warm welcome of Gift and Agnes to the great rooms and dinning experience. But of course the real highlights of our stay were the game drives. We were very lucky with our ranger (Darren) and our tracker (Jerry). The were both extremely competent, helping and enthusiastic. We got to see leopards, hyenas, lions, rhinos, hippos, elephants and of course lots of impalas, zebras, giraffes, gnus, buffalos. We even saw a pack of wild dogs getting organized for a chase. It is a magical place. We loved every second of it, and Darren and Jerry made our stay really special. We learnt a lot from them, not only about mammals but also about all the beautiful birds we saw, about the plants, and about conservation efforts and the communities surrounding the reserve. Our kids cried on the plane back to Switzerland. They did not want to leave. This trip will remain in our memories for a long time. Thanks to the big Kirkman's Kamp family for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Javier S
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our recent stay at Kirkmans was fantastic! On our first night there, dinner was served on the lawn and there was a bull elephant feeding on one side of us and a hyena on the other, it was pretty surreal. We were made to feel very welcome, the staff were all brilliant and couldn't do enough to ensure you felt comfortable and had everything you could possibly want. Having been on game drives previously we had seen a lot of animals so the bar was set pretty high but we had never seen a leopard in the wild. Once our tracker (Victor) and ranger (Darren) became aware of this, they went on a mission to find one for us. In fact they found more than one, we were even lucky enough to see a mother and cub make a kill. In addition we saw all of the big 5 and numerous other animals and birds. Darren & Victor's knowledge of the park also added an awful lot to our drives and they were extremely friendly. The lodge itself was really nice and the food was plentiful and very good, in fact if anything, there was probably too much. The pre dinner drinks in the bar were good fun as there was a lot of friendly competition between the rangers backed up by us,
the guests, regarding what animals etc we'd managed to find on the days game drives. We will definitely recommend this place to anyone planning a safari.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frances21London
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my first Safari and I fell in love. Our Ranger, Brett, and our Tracker were wonderful. Brett's passion and knowledge added to our game drives. We saw the big five and had wonderful, long, repeated sightings. It was magical........Our room was very comfortable with a patio outside and A/C inside. The food and service were very, very good and I certainly would go back and recommend this place to my friends,

Room Tip: I was in room 3 which was close to the main house and very convenient to run and freshen up and chan...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

What a special place - my wife and I have been on many safaris throughout Africa. This has to be the best area for Leopard sightings. Out of eight game drives we had seven Leopard sightings. They were exceptional. we obviously saw the rest of the big five as well.

The guides were so professional! and all staff make you feel so welcome.
The food was excellent'

Room Tip: This is the place to see the big five and be pampered by friendly well trained staff.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
#3 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve
Leopard Hills Private Game Reser...
#1 of 1 in Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Res...
#1 of 1 in Inyati Private Game Reserve
Simbambili Game Lodge
Simbambili Game Lodge
#15 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve

Been to andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp? Share your experiences!