After a wonderful holiday at Dulini in 2013, the family's immediate vote was to return this year. We were back last week and had another fantastic few days. Having been fortunate enough to visit a number of other lodges in the Sabi Sands and Timbavati (all of which I loved), I have to say Dulini surpasses them all. A perfect balance has been struck between absolute luxury and comfort, but not forgetting the African bush experience. Added to this, the lodge is small, intimate and personal with only 6 rooms (with the added advantage that the land rovers seat 6 instead of the traditional 9 people!). Iain and Sue are wonderful hosts and their carefully handpicked staff go out of their way to make your stay a very special and personal experience. Our Guide and Tracker (Dinamosi and Isak), for the second year running, are a brilliant team. They are very professional, knowledgeable, passionate about the bush and it's inhabitants, and entertaining to be with. If an animal is in the area, they'll find it for you with genuine enjoyment and enthusiasm. Huge herd of buffalo, elephant and more elephant, including some wonderful viewing of a breeding herd in the river in front of the lodge with a couple of elephant calves providing lots of entertainment, lots of leopard (including one in front of the lodge), lion (including two wonderful sightings of big male lion in the area), successfully tracking down two elusive groups of white rhino and two really good cheetah sightings plus so much more!!. Not to forget the fantastic food, mid winter swimming in your own very private heated pool, and sitting on your deck after dinner with a night cap listening to the unforgettable sounds of the African bush. The vote for next years holiday -- you've guessed it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under a leafy canopy of ebony trees, six luxurious stone cottages grace the banks of the Mabrak River. As one of only 12 guests, you feel instantly at home in this quiet retreat, where classic interiors enfold guests in quiet style and elegance. Generous private plunge pools and shady decks look out onto the dry riverbed. Large, welcoming sofas and African sculptures fill the gracious guest areas. Dine under the ancient jackalberry tree where skilled chefs serve delicious meals or steal away for an intimate dinner in the well-stocked wine cellar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Dulini Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- And Beyond Dulini Lodge
- &Beyond Dulini Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Dulini Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve