We have just returned from our honeymoon, having spent 4 nights at Leadwood Lodge, Exeter Private Game Reserve. This was our first safari and we knew that this would be an amazing experience, but could not have imagined just how special it would be. Our expectations were exceeded on every level. Sabi Sands is a spectacular location and Leadwood Lodge is a magnificent place to stay. The accommodation is of the highest quality, beautifully decorated and situated and providing every luxury you could wish for. We received a tremendously warm welcome from Nicla and the team and were immediately made to feel at home and at ease. Martha was our butler during our stay and could not do enough for us, she was absolutely wonderful. The food was first class and each evening, the chef would come and tell us what food they were preparing. SunnyBoy and Sinna were our chefs and took such pride in what they did, rightly so. Each day they came up with exquisite meals and the only problem we had was trying to eat everything - food is served up generously and often here! Our ranger and guide, Mac and Colbert, were an exceptional team and really made our safari experience very special. They were incredibly knowledgeable and we felt very safe in their hands. We were extremely lucky in terms of the wildlife we saw - one morning we had seen the 'big five' before 9am! We told Mac that we wanted to see cats and he certainly delivered, with amongst other sightings, a leopard up a tree, a lioness with three very playful cubs and and a leopardess with her cub. What we found so surprising was how close we were able to get to the animals, it really was astonishing. We definitely could not have asked for more out of this trip, everything about our stay here was beyond our expectations. Nothing is too much trouble for the Leadwood family and they really do go the extra mile to make your experience one you will always remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the fork of the Sand and Mabrak Rivers, andBeyond Leadwood Lodge offers a cosy and serene getaway completely at peace with the bush that surrounds it. With suites carefully distanced from each other, andBeyond Leadwood is ideal for families or parties of friends who want to share their safari experience without intruding on each other's privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Dulini Leadwood Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- And Beyond Leadwood Lodge
- &Beyond Leadwood Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Dulini Leadwood Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve