“Weekend Get - A - Way” 5 of 5 bubbles

West Winds Lodge
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Weekend Get - A - Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The West Winds Lodge is definitely a place we tell our friends about. The rooms are nice and cozy and the price can't be beat! Vicky and Tony and mom are alway so pleasant. We have been coming here for a while and we could not imagine staying any other place in Ruidoso. The Lodge couldn't be located in a better place. Nice and quiet away from the main street, yet close enough to the main stree to walk the shops. We had a great time! It was very relaxing! Thanks to the folks at the WEst Winds Lodge! :)

Mark & Rachel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I and our two daughters had the best weekend here this weekend. Rooms were cozy and very clean. Pool and hot tub were perfect. The West Winds Lodge was easy walking distance to the main attractions downtown, but far enough to keep it nice and quiet at night. Especially for our two little ones. The staff were very kind and shown us such great compassion on our trip. It was our first time to Ruidoso, but we will definately come here more often. We can't wait to come back! Thankyou so much Tony,Vicky, and the rest of the staff at West Winds Lodge. We will see you again soon.
The Peterson Family

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Tony, Vicky, and Tony's mom Teresa are wonderful hosts!!! I have been coming to West Winds for quite a few years now and will not go anywhere else. I was worried about my trip this year due to a work layoff, when I called they made it work out big time!!! I have stayed in the cabins and condos, highly recommend them all. Clean, comfortable, safe, reasonable rates, lovely family, what more could you ask for? Air conditioning? Ok, you have box fans BUT this isn't Texas weather here folks lol... Thank you Tony, Vicky, and Teresa for everything and I can guarantee my time off to be with you next August will be negotiated in my next employment opportunity!!!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first stay at the West Winds Lodge and it was the most relaxing time that I have had in a very long time. The atmosphere was so peaceful and comfortable. My friends and I enjoyed the jacuzzi under the stars and a nice dip in the pool. When we did venture out we didn't have to go far, we were walking distance from shops and restaurants. The owners were so hospitable, Vicki and Tony treated us as if we were family. Anything we needed was at our fingertips. I am looking forward to our next visit. I would highly recommend it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was my first stay at the West Winds. It has been by far the most relaxing, peaceful and joyous stay I have experienced. My sisters, friends and myself really enjoyed our stay here. The owners of this wonderful lodge,Vicky and Tony, are outstanding individuals who treated us like family. I would highly recommend this clean, and extravagant lodge to anyone. I am looking forward to the next time that I can experience such bliss. Yet another positive perk to this lodge is its location. It is within close proximity to the casino and the downtown shopping area.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is the first time I stay at the West Winds. A friend recommended this Lodge and it was perfect for my friends and I. The accomodations were very comfortable and relaxing. The atmosphere was quite just the thing we needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The condo we stayed in was clean and spacious. The owners were wonderful, they were friendly and went beyond expectations to make our experience nothing but spectacular. Would recommend to all of my friends. I will definitely return with my friends and family.
Blanca Flores

Ruidoso Downs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Rustic, shady setting on the river. Peaceful, comfortable, and run by a charming family. A block away from midtown & Ruidoso's best margaritas! Stayed here before & decided to reserve a longer stay this time. Looking forward to returning next year! The family that runs it is very concerned about guests' comfort and needs. Very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013