“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were on a long road trip when my husband got sick. He ate something the night before and was sick all night. We left Socorro, NM early in the morning in hopes of returning home. However, he was so sick we stopped in Ruidoso and the first place I saw was the Comfort Suites. I pulled in around 10:00am and went in to see if they had a room. Yes they had a room and I could check in (didn't have to wait until 3:00). They gave us a great room on the first floor at the end of the hall. The room was quiet and clean and I could open the window for fresh air. There was also a forest view out the window. The staff gave me directions to the pharmacy and eventually the emergency room. The location of this hotel is perfect because it is in the middle of the shops and restuarants. As my husband slept, I stepped out for a bite to eat and visited a few shops. We spent the night and left early the next morning.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the back would have a forest view while the rooms facing the front of the h...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FunAndSun57
Christina G, Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tucson
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very good for the price and conveniently located. We stayed for one night and it was ruined by very noisy neighbors. We called down twice to see if something could be done but the hotel staff didn't quiet them down. We were bummed that we weren't able to get much sleep.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linzie C
Christina G, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. All guest input is appreciated. I do want to extend my apologies for the noise issue with one of the other guest rooms. I was made aware of the situation and spoke with the guests in question, and was assured that the noise would not continue. I see now that that was not the outcome. We do hope that all guests give the same courtesy they would expect to have in return, but unfortunately that is not always the case. We strive to provide the best stay possible for each guest. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider giving our property another chance to provide you with an excellent stay. Once again thank you for your feedback and staying at our hotel.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our stay here was great! The room was comfortable with a nice view to the forest! The room was clean, there were a couple of items that I brought to the attention of the hotel staff. All was fixed in a timely fashion! The room was very quiet, tucked away, and more than enough room for the two of us. The windows needed cleaning. Other than that, we enjoyed the hotel and price and will be back!

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the back of the hotel where there is still some forest land for a view. We...
Green Features: Great! You can request that the sheets/towels not be washed every day.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NMRawker
Christina G, Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We want to thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay. I am very glad we were able to resolve any issues you had. We strive for each guest to have the most comfortable stay possible. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff to ensure all facets of the room, including windows, are cleaned properly. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 August 2013

During Horse Racing season, the prices in Ruidoso get real high. Keep that in mind. We had a rewards program that helped a lot in the cost department.

The hotel was clean, quiet and has an excellent location for walking the "shopping" area of Ruidoso. A decent TV, a micorwave and a refrigator are nice. You don't go to Ruidoso to hang around the hotel, thus nothing really special about the rooms. However, beds were comfortalbe and you never felt rushed. The free breakfast was solid as well.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor if you don't smoke. Second has smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crucesdave
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for the feeback on your stay at our hotel. We do receive a lot of positive comments on our location due to our close proximity to the historic midtown area of Ruidoso. We will share this comment with our house keeping staff to let them know they did a great job. Our goal is to make every guest experience as best as possible. Thanks for the feedback.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights while playing golf nearby. The room was clean, except the carpet needed replacing not just cleaning. King-size bed was firm. Why are they using small square feather pillows? Bathroom was clean, air-conditioner could have used some Freon. Free breakfast was okay. Coffee not very good. Management staff was friendly and helpful to find restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all guest input. All of the room carpet was changed with new carpet at the end of 2012. The pillows are according to franchise brand standard. Our franchise has changed the pillow standard with two types of pillows. We will have both soft and firm pillows on our beds. That standard becomes effective on Jan 1, 2014. Our AC units are serviced two times per year for preventive maintenance plan. Our coffee is also provided as outlined in our franchise brand standard. We are not allowed to offer a different brand so we have consitency across all choice hotels. The current brand standard calls for Royal Cup brand coffee. We often get positive reviews on the coffee but coffee taste varies among our customers. Once again thank you for your feedback and staying at our hotel.
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This was a great motel the room was big vary clean bath same.Big new bed & flat screen TV.Breakfast was good the lady at the front desk was vary friendly. All shops & food just up the street.If you are a smoker their is no smoking outside you have to smoke in your car or the bus in town.great stay

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bill1220
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We want to thank you for the feedback and the great compliments. Our staff's goal is to make every guest exeperience at our hotel as best as possible. Our location does provide a unique oppurtunity for guests to walk from the hotel to various shops, restaurants, galleries, and lounges. We want to clarify the smoking ban is temporary and is imposed by the city and the forest service. It is not a hotel policy to be not able to smoke outside in a designated area. Due to the dry summer so far the forrest services and the city imposes a fire ban outside. This changes on a regular basis depending on the climate. We do have designated smoking area outside the hotel which can be used when there are no restrictions by the city and the forrest service. Thanks again for the feedback and positve comments.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I am a Choice Hotels Diamond Member which means that I travel quite a lot for business in one year. In order to achieve Diamond status a member must stay at Choice Hotels at least 40 times per year, however I average over 100 hotel stays per year. This means that I am pretty savvy when it comes to hotels.

I have to say that the Comfort Inn Midtown in Ruidoso, NM has come a long way. I remember not three years ago this hotel was average. They had what appeared to be dated furniture, filthy carpet, and so so beds and bedding. Today this hotel is quite nice, refurnished and clean. I have to say that I like the new dark wood furniture with granite tops as well as the new beds. I especially like the bedding because the heavy thick comforter is gone and replaced with a lighter yet pleasant bed spread. I don't feel like I'm under a ton of bricks like I did with the older heavy comforter.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. For example I called the front desk one time to ask if they had toothpaste because I forgot mine. The desk agent said that they did and I said that I would be down in about ten minutes to pick some up. To my surprise the desk agent brought the toothpaste to me so that I wouldn't have to go down stairs. That was cool, I thought.
Another time I made a reservation late in the day. Late enough that the online reservation stated that it was past the deadline to cancel. I reserved the room anyway. Not ten minutes after I made the reservation, my boss calls me and says that she needs me to leave town and drive across the state to another client site. I called Comfort Inn Midtown to ask if they could cancel my reservation. I didn't expect them too because the deadline had passed. To my surprise they accommodated my request without hesitation. Now that was awesome, I was very happy.

If I could think of one thing that I could change about this hotel it would be the wifi service. 99% of my traveling is for business. I work in the IT Industry and so "Being Connected" is vital to my work. I find it difficult to VPN into the work servers or into a client site with the poor wifi internet service. The recent speed tests range from 500Kbps to about 1.5Mbps. This speed is unacceptable for business clients like myself and this is the only reason that I cannot in good conscience give this hotel a 5 star rating. Fortunately for me, I use my iPhone as a WiFi Hotspot and get around 3Mbps which is much faster that the free hotel WiFi.

I would definitely recommend this hotel due to the staff and cleanliness. But the WiFi can use some over hauling.

Room Tip: In the winters its damn cold. Bring lots of layers of clothing. The Skiing in the area is great to...
Green Features: I love the fact that a majority of their rooms are smoke-free and
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 915_BLo
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for the great detailed review. We value your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the internet problems. We have internet speed of 12 Megs at the hotel. We also have a company that monitors our wi-fi 24-7 for outages on access points. We also have a toll free number that guests can call if they encounter any problems. The toll free number is in the guest services directory in the rooms. The equipment for wi-fi that is installed is commercial grade that can be monitored remotely. We apologize for the wi-fi problems. We will ask our monitoring company to do diagnostics tests on the equipment which they can do remotely. In the future we hope calling the tech support number will resolve any issues with internet that you might encounter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
#7 of 23 in Ruidoso
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to Comfort Inn - Midtown? Share your experiences!