“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Can't Stop Smokin'

Can't Stop Smokin'
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lubbock, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Have a vacation home there since 1997. Have always drove by, but never stopped. Definitely going back as it is well worth the stop. Counter help was extremely personable and very patient. Gave us many samples to try and explained menu. Very reasonable prices. We tried almost all the types of meat. Delicious, tender, and flavorful. Never even used B-que sauces. Facility is pleasant and has some outdoor seating, as well as separate area away from counter to sit. Easy parking. A must for us from now on.

• Visited February 2014

Roswell, New Mexico
“Not bad”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We visited Can't Stop Smokin' one night. We have passed by but never stopped. I like the rustic woodsy decorations. The staff was very friendly. The weather was cold. I didn't like that I had to walk outside to go to the dinning room. The dinning room is too small. The lemonade had an after taste of Splenda or something similar. Not too good. The beans are good, rolls are too. I liked the ribs, pulled pork, and chicken. The cornbread is so-so. It would be better if it was warm. Ok overall, not bad, not great.

“Delicious BBQ”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This place has delicious bbq, the employees were very helpful even though they were very busy. The ribs are great and I personally loooooved their potato salad.

Del Rio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummmm!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Very friendly service! The food is wonderful! Definitely recommend the tri tip and sausage. BBQ sauce is really good as well. Will be back for sure and really want to try the jerky! Nice place!!!

1 Thank Jaylinn H
El Paso, Texas
“Delicious food, good service, we'll be back!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stopped by here on our first trip to Ruidoso out of El Paso... They had delicious food! I had the BBQ chicken sandwich, kids had chicken as well and hubby had brisket. We all like our food. :-) For what we got, it was about $40 I think, maybe a little cheaper and it more than filled us up. You can sit outside and eat and go around to the side (to the right when exiting the main door) and sit in there. There are BBQ sauces on the tables as well as napkins, etc.

When you walk in, to your right will be where the phenomenal cookies are. I know, you're thinking, how different could these cookies be from everyone else's? Well, they are, trust me. Grab some- it's worth it. Okay, about now, right in front of you will be the self-serve drink area. We didn't notice it when we first came in because we were looking up at the menu and had to go back around if we wanted it. At that time, the line was long so we just grabbed some bottled water and soda in cans.

Now, another thing- try the beef jerky...it isn't 'cheap', but what beef jerky is? We saved the cookies and beef jerky for the ride back home as we were just in town for the day to get a "feel" for the area before we came back for a longer trip.

The service was friendly, albeit our orders were a little off (the kids and I got the wrong bread vs what we asked for and we got the wrong jerky). It didn't matter in the end because it was all good. (I think part of it was our fault because we may not have spoke up loud enough.) Anyways,the guy asked us how we were doing and when we asked him in return he said "Oh man, I am having a blessed day and it just got even better... you want to know why? Well, as soon as you fine folks walked in." God, it made me miss 'home' (the South!). :-)

As an added tip, I would recommend getting there a little before or after the 'usual' lunch time hours... We made it just in time at about 11:45 ish...the line got long quick! It does move at a decent pace though and when the lines get long...there's a reason why. :)

We look forward to going back on our next trip!! :-)

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank jcfromnc

Been to Can't Stop Smokin'? Share your experiences!