“Not what we ordered..”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Cruces, NM
“Not what we ordered..”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

First the good. Complementary salsa was good. We ordered a side of Guacamole, which was also good. Sat outside on the patio, it was beautiful afternoon and very pleasant. Service was prompt.

Now the bad. We ordered Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. The server arrived with "here are your chicken enchiladas. They looked good, they were good, and the green sauce was spot on for the heat that I like. But, no chicken on the plates! (Is it a cultural thing in Ruidoso when you order chicken enchiladas that you get either none or a minuscule amount of chicken? (ala Lucy's)?) The chef (I assume) came out as we finished the meal and asked how we liked it. I replied "no pollo". He said, Oh, you wanted chicken? Next came the bill, no adjustment for the missing chicken, no nothing, nada.

Still looking for good new mexican food in Ruidoso.

• Visited October 2013

El Paso, Texas
“Authentic + Delicious”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The service was wonderful and the ambience was charming--we sat outside on the deck which is alongside an enclosed area that is akin to a garden. The food was A+ and coming from El Paso where Mexican food is aplenty--we were hoping for authentic cuisine--and we were not disappointed! Will most certainly be back.

Visited October 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I'm sure the folks who run Comal are earnest, but the food here nevertheless underwhelms. The salsa is perfectly decent, but the chips are tough, stale and have an "off" flavor. For my entree I had the chicken enmoladas--because I wanted to try something different--and a double order of rice. Perhaps I simply don't like mole, but at any rate, the flavor of this sauce did not appeal to me at all. What's more, the chicken, rather than being diced or shredded so as to be more completely seasoned and easy to eat, was served almost in whole tenderloins. This was not my idea of a good enchilada or enmolada, as the case may be. And the bland rice was more peas, carrots and whatnot than rice. If this is what interior Mexican food is like, I'll stick with New-Mex and Tex-Mex.

• Visited September 2013
Plano, Texas, United States
“Best New Mexico food we have ever had!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I ate there both nights we were in Ruidoso. After the first night we had to go back! Their cheese enchiladas with both red and green sauce were out of this world! My husband loved his relleno, in fact we loved everything! We have been on a quest since returning to Texas to try to duplicate his red sauce at home--I would be satisfied with even getting close, it was excellent! ('Wish I knew whether he used powder or dried red chiles...mmm.)

• Visited August 2013
“Really not good! Not sure what all the great reviews were about!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Food was bland, environment was gross and service wasn't great. You can find much better places to eat in ruidoso trust me!

• Visited August 2013

Been to El Comal? Share your experiences!