“Hate to rate it poor because the food was good but...”
Review of Our Daily Bread Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Texas
“Hate to rate it poor because the food was good but...”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This little homey restaurant is sweet and the atmosphere very casual. The entire staff was sitting at the best table right inside the front when we came in. What they should have been doing is cleaning! The place is filthy. The menus are sticky. There was a white stuffed bear above our table that had years of thick grey dust on it. The bathroom smelled bad. The salt shakers are sticky. The green chili cheese burger was very good. We were splitting the burgers and the extra plates had dish water all over them. I had to dry it myself with my napkin. I wanted to love this place so bad but I just have trouble eating in a dirty place.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ameliaeyes

Ruidoso, NM
“A great family resturant!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Home cooking from the Romeros. Good food at very reasonable prices. It is hard to find the first time but you will come back. It is not a fancy place but the good Christian atmosphere warms your spirit.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Soareagles
Lubbock, Texas
“BEST Country Fried Steak!!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I haven't had as good as this homestyle chicken fried steak (country) in YEARS. Homestyle mashed potatoes with it, fresh salad with great dressing options-- this place is the best.

Had a green chile, ham n cheese omelet on my next trip and it was fantastic as well. Specials such as pot roast, meatloaf are all fantastic.

Amazing service by Jessica and Frances - truly the best hideaway restaurant for breakfast or lunch (they close by 3pm) in the area. A MUST!
Located down the hill off Sudderth at Eagle one street and turn.... (basically behind Mountain Arts). You may have to look for it - but it's worth the effort -- a gem.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank StacyCL
El Paso, Texas
“Sweet Little Place”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What a cute little place with lots of atmosphere and wonderful breakfasts. Be sure to pop in for a quick, delicious, reasonably priced meal.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Laurie H
“So-so food and lousy service”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I was starving when I went there, and it was after the lunch time rush, if there is such a thing there. The place was almost empty and the food I ordered was okay, but nothing to write home about. I would have had dessert (someone else had cake that looked good) but no one came to ask me, and when I got up to pay the bill at the register, all the help was chatting behind the counter.

Visited February 2012