“Cheap but Spartan” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Scotia, New York
“Cheap but Spartan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

Motel 6 is definitely a budget motel. I noted: no coffee pot, no kleenex, no breakfast, no alarm clock, no shampoo, no lotion. But most important -- no problems!

Yes, I'd go there again. It was one of the cheapest places I stayed on my cross-country trip, but it provided what I wanted -- a clean bed. I noted too that it had a grab bar in the tub, which gives me a feeling of safety now that I'm older.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

Very basic room. Everything was fine til the water was turned off hotel-wide in the morning. Unable to shower. No discount received for the inconvenience

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — amenities and lack of water
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank terrier_8

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Ocean Park, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2008

Let's see where do I start?
Bugs in the bed. Blood spots on the sheets. Used soap in the bathroom and soap scum on the sink and tub. Hair in tub, on counter and in sink. Trash in garbage can. Funny smell in the room.

I acctually SAW bed bugs!! (discovered where the small blood spots come from when I squished them!)

To top off this horrible room was the horrible service. The employees seemed completely lost and the manager could not have been more rude or argumentative when we informed them that our room was so completely disgusting and unacceptable.

I don't know how this establishment has stayed in business. I am sure that if Motel 6 corporate knew what this place is like they would terminate their franchise. Something should be done about this place!!!

WARNING Do NOT go to this place! You might come away with more than a few bed bugs bites who knows.

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank InnGurl
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

We got the reservation done quite a long time before traveling to Ruidoso. The place was clean, thats about all i can say that was good. The manager was very annoying, in that there was a woman expaining to me the room rules, check in policies, etc. Then all out of no where the manager comes out and starts talking over the clerk that was there making me listen to both of them at the same time, annoying. I felt like telling him to shut up and let the woman speak. Then the room, though clean, the shower had but a trickle of water comming through. The room the size of a office cubicle. All for $120/night. i have stayed at resorts for lower than that cost and got a better value. First time i have something bad to say about a motel 6.

Stayed August 2007
5 Thank jovez01
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2007

Called direct & made a reservation for spring break. I recieved a great government rate for a suite. Got there & they couldn't find our reservation & weren't willing to help us look for it. We were told they couldn't help us unless we found our confirmation # . We were very upset & the whole thing was a big mess. Ended up checking into the Quality inn & had a wonderfull experience. While @ the other hotel we checked our credit card & it turns out the motel 6 had already charged us for the stay 3 weeks prior when the reservation was first made. We were being charged for a stay that never happened. Had to call Ruidoso police about the charge. The owner said she would correct the matter. We have never recieved a call back yet. We are still disputing the charge, for a 2nd time the hotel has billed our card as a valid stay. We never stayed there!! The hotel thing has been nothing but a mess. We ski there every spring break & never have a problem w/ the hotels . We thought we would try motel 6 for the 1st time . BIG MISTAKE! Don't recomend a stay there. We are still battling the hotel charge & it's been nothing but trouble for the last 2 months. If you want to have fun on your next mini vacation just don't stay @ the motel 6 in Ruidoso . I recomend the Quality Inn , it was great. Staff was very helpful & friendly esp. manager "Kathy" . Kudos to her for great customer service !!

Stayed March 2007