“Hotel did it's job for a spontaneous overnight getaway.”
Review of Motel 6 Ruidoso

Motel 6 Ruidoso
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
El Paso, Texas
“Hotel did it's job for a spontaneous overnight getaway.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for a steal on Expedia. Hotel had an indoor pool (murky but kids had fun) and free coffee (not bad). Room was decent: micro, fridge, long desk, plenty of towels, shampoo/conditioner, soap, makeup remover...no iron in room. Overall tub and vanity were clean, beds were okay, and the location of the hotel was excellent. For the low price we paid and it being a Motel 6, we were pleasantly pleased. No major complaints. If you want a romantic weekend, stay elsewhere. You want a clean, decent room, this is a good place.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Road_Family915

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are currently staying at this hotel and we will not be coming back. We have stayed at different cabins, chalets and lodges in the area and even after reading the reviews for this place we figured "what the hay! It can't be that bad." But believe me it is. The rooms are disgusting and this after changing rooms because the 1st one was worse. There was blood on the mattress pad, urine stains and vomit on the carpet. When I told management he was quick to throw his employees under the bus. Being in the hotel industry you get those people who like to complain just to complain but in this case there is reason to. The grounds and common areas should have been are first indication to not stay here but as I mentioned - being in the industry - it's very possible that the rooms could be fantastic so we took a chance any way. Wrong decision. So long story short...call and make reservations in advance BUT NOT HERE.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yolette H

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

El Paso Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My annual trip to Ruidoso in july was slightly tarnished by my Motel 6 experience. I brought along a potential client and booked a separate room for him.

So many disappointments for this trip. First, the icemaker on the second floor was dry and out of order. I asked that a sign be posted; "we just ordered the part," the potential lie from the receptionist. It had obviously been broken for some time and the management, inattentive. Second, the toilet bowl in my room wasn't cleaned on Saturday. Nor was the shower stall, where a partially unwrapped bar of soap was left on the floor of the tub, partially opened and in shreds. The shower hadn't been properly cleaned. Or is this just my imagination? Third, even though the motel room was quiet and clean upon initial inspection, it was startling to see the dirty carpet on the floor, rather than the upgraded faux wood floor like the Albuquerque North Motel 6. There lay the same coverlet on the bed that I've seen for years rather than the newer coverlets used elsewhere at less expensive Motel 6 properties. The male receptionist was very helpful; the female reception was vague, needed a course in interpersonal relationships, and appeared to have ignored all of the information I had written in on the Motel 6 website. Finally, why was I charged for the room with my AARP card the same rate that a couple next to me, paying cash, obviously not seniors? Did my AARP card really make a pricing difference?

I've stayed at this motel before; no knowledge of my previous stays were apparent, such as "Welcome back!"

This property charges twice what most Motel 6 properties do. Admittely, it's in a summer resort city. It offers not even a slightly browned banana or stale roll for breakfast. Why doesn't Motel 6 join the twenty-first century and offer even slight amenities? It might draw back future clients.

Not this one who notices details.

Room Tip: Rooms are the same; request a first floor room if you require it. Room is handicap accessible. E...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Wretch
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The gentleman at the front desk gave us a great deal he was very helpful friendly and had a cute dog. The rooms are outdated but the beds were incredibly comfortable. The check in was fast which is great when your tired and ready to go to bed. The rooms were clean and believe me I check for small details that maids could miss but it was spotless not a stray hair in place or dust on the headboards. Sheets even smelled fresh. So what if they don't have fancy flat screen TVs or plush bed spreads it was still a comfortable stay. The only downside is I didn't have an ironing board or blow dryer. Most hotels do so I was surprised. As a coffee drinker I would complain that there are no pots in the room but they make up for it by having 24 hr in the front.

Stayed April 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 December 2013

When staying one night I tend to book Motel 6 or similar, knowing what to expect. This time it was a bad experience. The room was small by itself. However a corner of it was taken by the control room of the neighboring indoor swimming pool, leaving very little room space for walking and luggage. My complaint was met by the owner with a shrug "this is the only room we have". My reply that I have booked one and half months ago was replied: "But you booked through someone else". This impertinent reply is enough to suggest that you avoid this place. The fact that its price is at least 50% higher than the usual Motel 6 rates, makes the avoidance even better...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gonjo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ruidoso, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Gonjo, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This older "gentleman" mentioned by another reviewer is a [--]! I got online and got a price, showed up in person and asked for that price and he said, "we don't do that stuff - I don't know where that stuff comes from". He could not have been ruder! Many years ago, when new, we stayed there on a couple of occasions and couldn't have been happier. Never again - there are too many places in Ruidoso at a reasonable price where the customer is appreciated - not the "enemy".

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Roger1322
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I did not know what the buzzing noise was in the walls! Another reviewer likened it to an electric sander. Whatever it is, be prepared to wake up throughout the night! That is, if the drunks at this hotel allow you to sleep. We finally called the front desk at 3:30am to complain. We were told they would call the room. Shortly after, the noise elevated! Someone knocked on their door and asked them to be quiet, but it did not help! I am done with Motel 6 and the thin walls and ceilings! When we checked out, I complained and the young girl smiled and ducked her head refusing to talk with us! We paid 86 for the room with no amenities in the room! Tom, do not waste your time leaving the light on for us!

• Stayed July 2013