Story Book Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ruidoso
See available hotels
View Hotel
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown(Ruidoso)
Village Lodge(Ruidoso)
View Hotel
All reviewsdvd librarypapa bearhot tubporch swingrental cabinsnice layoutboth bedroomsfront porchsummer heatour favorite place to stayget awaycabin experienceown mealsdeer grazingbeds were comfortablenew ownersstay there again
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Enjoyed 8 wonderful days in pine cone cabin...lots of time on the covered front porch enjoying the cool air, and lots of wildlife.....outside is the original log sided structure, but the inside has been gutted and very, very comfortable with 2 king bedrooms with good mattresses,new baths with showers, and tv's in both bedrooms and living room. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank allweathergirl
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in cabin 11 and had mixed feelings about the stay. It was great to get out of the heat and the cabin had it's charm but I'm not sure I would rent there again. Cabin 11 is across the main road and located at a reasonably busy intersection. I had hoped it would be quiet but really, it's not. The cabin itself is fine. The bed is comfortable, the back deck has some privacy and there is plenty of space. Most of the kitchen utensils and appliances were well worn. We didn't cook much so it wasn't that big of an issue but I think for the price per night (about $180 with taxes) the toaster should work and items should be a little nicer. Not fancy, just nicer.
Like another poster, I also had a bit of a problem with all the 'rules' for checkout. The way they were presented made me feel like I was at camp! There isn't any maid service on a short stay (which is fine) but to then ask paying guests to wash all dishes, clean the coffee pot and take out the trash, etc seems a bit much. We left very early...I had no idea where a dumpster was. We're neat and tidy people but I certainly hope the cabin will be professionally cleaned and readied for the next guest. Just thought it was a bit odd. Funny how the smallest things add up to either liking or disliking the experience.
This area of Ruidoso is full of cabins to rent and I think I'll look for something different next time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kec39
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed four nights in cabin 26. It was so quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed seeing many deer, birds, and even a hummingbird. Cabin 26 has an absolutely amazing deck where we spent every waking moment. The deck makes the whole cabin! It was more expensive than we wanted to pay, $214 a night with taxes, and you don't have housekeeping, but everything else was nice and made for a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I rented Cabin 6, the Elk. It was our honeymoon so I was so estatic at the end of our trip when EVERYTHING with this cabin turned out perfect. Even though its a bit close to the road, its very quiet. The inside was emaculate. The bed was cozy and perfect. There's other cabins around but you coudnl't tell because the privacy was still really good. The front desk guy was really nice, friendly and helplful. We'll probably make this a destination on our anniversaries in the future.

Room Tip: The Elk cabin
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I hate to give a great review because I know it's going to get harder and harder to get a reservation....but I have to tell the truth and the truth is, Story Book Cabins is absolutely awesome! We felt secluded from the world even though other cabins are close by. Love the fireplace and it came in handy with the beautiful snowfall we had. The bed was very comfortable, the kitchen complete with everything we needed (but heck, I was on vacation so I didn't cook!), and the only negative was that there was no heater in the bathroom and it got pretty cold. We fed the deer and chatted with the caretaker who was so helpful and friendly....all the locals we met in Ruidoso were friendly people! We plan on coming back next Summer because we're told there are no mosquitoes in Ruidoso in the Summer and average temps are in the 80s!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple