“Remember this is a hotel not a 'resort' :)”

Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is our 2nd time to stay at this hotel. Busy weekend for horse races so hotel was full. Able to get a room on the top floor (3 floors) to help with noise. Hall carpets were clean, room was clean and roomy (king with a sitting area with 2 chairs, table, desk & chair). Microwave & fridge. Good size bathroom with tub & shower plus additional sink separate from bathroom. Breakfast had plenty of bagels, sliced bread, Danish and biscuits. Waffle maker, cereals, yogurt, scrambled eggs (instant?), sausage patties and gravy. Fresh fruit also during our 4 night stay. We like the area this hotel allows for walking - nice elevation 'hike' with limited traffic. Great covered outdoor sitting areas with lots of chairs & tables for hanging out. Grill available. Small play structure for young children. Short drive to racetrack, shops, casinos. We had no 'issues' I read in other reviews. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: End of hall, top floor - backside of hotel is away from highway and faces nice wooded area. Spotted...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my family while on vacation. First the positive: our room was clean, spacious and fairly affordable. We had a suite with two queens and one king. The staff was both polite and helpful. Now the negative: when we checked in, the first room we were given hadn't been cleaned yet. That was corrected fairly easily. The room we eventually got was nice, but neither I nor my wife could get the shower to work. So we had to take baths. The selection of TV channels was also extremely limited; my kids were basically limited to Disney and nothing else. The elevator also broke down while we were there (which isn't really the hotel's fault) and was out of commission for a full day. The web portal to their free wifi was also somewhat annoying; you'd have to click through a "login" screen literally every time you used a device. If I were to visit Ruidoso again I'd probably try to stay somewhere closer to the downtown shops.

Room Tip: The suites (two queens + one king) aren't much more than the smaller rooms. Great for families.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay H

Thank you for your feedback. We see what issues are important and can work on them.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Room was extremely dirty. Stains on lamp shades & carpets. Dust on TV, dresser, lamps, microwave.. Bed was very uncomfortable. Pool had to much chlorine. Pool area had no towels. Breakfast had only limited items like only apple juice. They had no bagels or pastries only white bread. No condiments only salt.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. I wish I had known there was a problem so I could have fix it while you were here. Please give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

overall i love this hotel just need a better breakfast.the pool is always very warm and the hot tub is kida working there were no jet and bubble.the hotel had no extra blankets and we waited for pool towels for around and hour

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

I am sorry about the hot tub we have ordered another motor. As for the towels again I am sorry for the wait. We hope to have these problems fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Cynthia Wood General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was quoted a rate of $85.24 for Thursday night stay and was charged $179.99 for the second night after giving them my confirmation number confirming the $85.24 rate. Very disappointed with such an excessive second day rate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I am sorry that there was a communication problem with your rate but our rates are on the reg cards and we do ask that your initial for the rate. Again I am sorry that our rates were a surprise to you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

As soon as I saw the exterior, I knew this would be a nice hotel. There's a little slide and swings for kids and a porch with tables outside. We had a 2 queen bed room. The room was a really nice size for our family of 4. The breakfast was nice,a little bit of everything. Our room was ground floor and we could definitely hear a lot of noise, but it didn't bother us. I liked that we were right down the hall from the breakfast room pool and fitness room. The hotel is not very far from downtown, just a 5minute drive. If the hotel is dated, its kept up with really well. Love the all nonsmoking rooms My only issue was the desk staff. They were not rude, but being in a tourist town, I would expect a more friendly welcome. I would suggest requesting a 2nd or 3rd floor mountain view room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 123amber
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. Please come back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is average could use some updating. I don't believe it is a good value for the price. The walls are thin you can hear the noise from the hall way at the middle of the night. You could hear the noise from the room above. The breakfast was just ok nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am sorry you did not have a great stay with us, we are giving our hotel a face lift as we communicate. I hope you will give us another try.

cynthia.wood@bwplusruidosoinn.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Comfort Inn - Midtown
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
Best Western Pine Springs Inn
Best Western Pine Springs Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruidoso Downs

Been to Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!