“Don't go here!!!”

and 1 more site!
Apache Village Cabins
Reviewed 19 July 2010

KIing suite was not up to our expectations, after seeing the pictures on line. Bathroom was hardly big enough for one person, as was the kitchen. The cabin was very shabby; worn out front door mat, the grill didn't have any propane, the porche light didn't work, only one light bulb in the ceiling fan fixture and when we arrive there was a dead mouse in front of our cabin in the yard. I was afraid to take a shower because of the lack of cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank merwalt
There are newer reviews for Apache Village Cabins

Reviewed 30 May 2010

This was the worst cabin we have ever stayed in!!! It started with the same problem another reviewer had: we initially booked on the internet but called to confirm and the internet was all wrong so what we had booked wasn't available. We stayed in the "Bear Den" and I've NEVER seen furniture that bad. The sofa literally folded in when you sat on it (the cushions were supported by a make-shift 3 inch piece of wood) and another chair had springs sticking out. There were not sheets on our bed so I had to make it myself. The place was dirty...there was even urine on the seat of my friends "Apple Tree" cabin! There were saftety issues too with the electrical cords. It was cramped and looked into the back of someone else's home. The rest of their cabins are right on a busy road so forget privacy. Save yourself the trouble and don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pickytraveler8123
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We stayed in the crescent moon cottage which was called the hideaway. It was so cute and had everything we could need or want for a romantic weekend for 2. Very clean and so cute. I've stayed in many B&B's all over the US and this was one of our favorites. We will be back :)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmfun
Reviewed 5 January 2010

When I made the reservation for the Apache Village cabins online 2 months before our trip, the larger cabins we wanted were no longer available. The only thing available was the cabinette. I reserved the cabinette, and placed our names on a waiting list for a larger cabin. A larger cabin never came available, and we ended up in the cabinette, which was okay. The cabinettes are perfectly okay for the price, and are clean little rooms. But, I do mean little. Point...make reservations early during holidays. Rooms book up quick everywhere!

My husband and I would probably be willing to stay at the cabins again, except for the following:

It all started with my reservation with Yolanda....

I specifically called and spoke with her when I made the reservation online. She assured me we would have a cabinette with a large window, the price I was quoted online with a 33% discount would be honored, and that I would not be charged anything until we checked in.

Then Sonia stepped in...

About one month later, my debit card was charged $100 out of nowhere. I called and spoke with Yolanda who did not know why I was charged or what the amount was for, since it was not the total due or a 50% deposit. And, I was not supposed to be charged anything until we checked in. What a surprise having $100 taken out of my account the week before Christmas with no notice! I then received a call from the manager, Sonia who explained they always charge your card 50% of the reservation during the holidays. I told her I was not aware of that, and Yolanda had said I would not be charged. Sonia did not care. I then explained $100 was way more than a 50% discount since I had booked the Internet rate, which Yolanda had guaranteed me. Sonia said I needed to bring in the proof when I arrived and she would honor it. I let the $100 deposit go, because I thought we would then just owe a few more dollars when we checked out...but thank goodness we had the $100 in our account when she took it...

Our arrival...

When we arrived, Yolanda was in the office, and said I only owed 18.00 plus tax since I had already been charged the 100.00. I asked if she wanted to confirm that with Sonia, since the communication had already been mixed up before. Sonia was not in...but, she said Sonia would get with me at some point.

2 days later...

Sonia called my cell phone and wanted to know why I had not come in to take care of things. So, I l went into the office and explained "I am on vacation, and you have office hours of 9 to 5." I thought you would contact me if you had questions, since I already brought in my proof and you already have my cc number. Sonia said my printout from their website was not proof. She said their website is incorrect and they will be fixing it. She also said they have been losing alot of money this year because people like me try to take advantage of their incorrect website. At this time, it was almost 4 o'clock, and she wanted me to wait around so she could call the owner in another state. I explained it was our last night, and we wanted to visit the shops before they closed. I told her she could call me on my cell phone. I never heard from her.

The next morning...

We checked out at 7 a.m. to drive home. Of course, their office was closed. I checked my account when we came home, and sure enough she charged us the full price without the discount.

My point to all of this is, do not trust what they tell you on the phone, be careful when giving them your credit card number because they will charge what they want, and the office hours of 9 to 5 do not sound too inconvenient when you make your reservation, but think about this...they do not clean your room daily. So, you will need to rearrange your schedule to check in, obtain coffee, clean towels, etc.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BabyCakesinAkumal
Reviewed 4 February 2008

We stayed in one of the king studio suites and it was the perfect place for our weekend getaway. I was a bit nervous, but the cabin far exceeded our expectations. The decorating was very cozy and made us feel right at home. We enjoyed the cabin and the fireplace so much we didn't go anywhere at night! Also, the bed was extrememly comfortable! It's so hard to find places with good bedding, but we slept like babies.

The location is close to town but also close to the mountain. My only disappointment was that it wasn't as secluded in the woods as I would have liked. Everything else was great!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tjcollins
Reviewed 6 September 2007

This was a great place for our weekend trip. Cabins were very rustic and charming. Very nice atmoshere. Very clean. Stayed in a king suite cabin - perfect for a couple. Staff was incredibly friendly. Road noise is audible in the morning - anytime of the day really. If you are looking for a secluded cabin in the woods to enjoy nature this is not the place. However, I would definately stay here rather than a LaQuinta or a condo. If you want to have a nice authentic-feeling trip to the mountains and don't mind staying in a small complex (not alone in the middle of the woods), this is a great place.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 3 July 2006

Friends recommended Apache Village Cabins to us. They stay there at least once per year and we are now doing the same.

I found Apache Village Cabins a very nice place to stay. The cabins are small and rustic but decorated very nicely. Very close to Mechem Drive but it seems that a lot of other hotels, etc are close to that highway as well. Very convenient location.
I really liked the fact that you didn't have the management staff hanging out watching your every move. We stayed at a motel down the road that actually did watch every thing you did and even timed your stay in the hot tub to 15 minutes!

I like having a kitchen and being able to bring food, drink, ice etc.

Will be staying again this September and I hear some remodeling has been going on so I am anxious to see it again.

• Stayed: June 2006