“Great dinner spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food is Southwestern
Franklin, Ohio
“Great dinner spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently had dinner here and it was all great. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather. Both my husband and I had the spinach salad and it was very good with lots of great toppings. I also had a tenderloin and a chicken taco and I don't know which one was better - I was stuffed. My husband had one of the pork chop dinners which was also very good. The green chili mashed potatoes had a little kick, but were wonderful. We definitely would go back to try something else on the menu.

• Visited June 2014

“Gourmet patio dining. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Husband Jim and dog Reacher and I had a wonderful Sunday twilight dinner tonight. Jim's chicken taco and my mahi taco were bueno!! The added avocado and sundried tomatoes made the Caesar salad rich and unusually delicious. Owner-host Phil is low key and gracious. And reacher also gives the water bowl and ice cubes five stars. We will dine here several times this week I am sure! Lillian M, Austin.

“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful service and atmosphere. We sat on the patio overlooking Sudderth. Our host and waitress were very nice and attentive. We ordered tacos and skillet chicken. Wonderful flavor. Different than anywhere else in Ruidoso. Our waitress was interested in where we were from and even showed us where a hummingbird had nested in a tree on the patio. We felt at home here. I highly recommend this restaurant.

New Mexico
“Good choice in Ruidoso”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We dined here without benefit of advance research and were pleasantly pleased. The outdoor seating was comfortable, and the menu offered a number of appealing choices - the Ruidoso visitor guide puts this spot in the Mexican list, but be advised - it isn't! A better category might be "southwestern." There are some Mexican items on the menu, but the bulk of it is eclectic - such as the fried brussels sprouts. (Whether you like or hate brussels sprouts, do yourself a favor and order these!) The only disappointment was the fire-roasted veggie salad, which I expected to be a plate of large pieces of grilled vegetables, but turned out to be finely chopped, more like a hash. The wine and beer list are fine. If we visit Ruidoso again we will certainly eat here!

• Visited May 2014
Roswell, New Mexico
“No awards deserved !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went to Grill Caliente to celebrate my son's birthday. I didn't know the place existed and when we arrived there, I realized was in the same place a Bistro used to be. My son kept saying how good the place must be because it had so many good reviews on TripAdvisor.. Story short: my husband wanted a "big Blue Moon" which made the owner of the restaurant laugh. The funny part it seems it was that they don't have draft beer, only bottles. One point against the place. Then my son asked for a Coke, he was expecting a good glass and he got a can... no refills of course. Two points against the place. They took FOREVER to wait on us (40 minutes at least), there was only one waitress and the owner to serve all the tables. Three points against...still trying to give it a chance. I ordered the only thing that appealed to me from the short menu... grilled salmon... but they did not have any. Finally I ordered a hamburger, it was good, but not a reason to ever return there. Finally the bill arrived and it was very expensive considering that were no refills or any wonderful food or drinks delivered... Don't waste your money, go to Casa Blanca, to Café Rio or Inn of the Mountain Gods buffet...

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ines S

Been to Grill Caliente? Share your experiences!