“Amazing lunch!”

Ranked #14 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food is Southwestern
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Amazing lunch!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this place because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and we are so glad we did! We sat on the patio and enjoyed the fresh mountain breeze. We ordered the chicken, steak, and mahi mahi tacos. They were all excellent! We will be back!

Visited June 2014

Franklin, Ohio
“Great dinner spot”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently had dinner here and it was all great. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather. Both my husband and I had the spinach salad and it was very good with lots of great toppings. I also had a tenderloin and a chicken taco and I don't know which one was better - I was stuffed. My husband had one of the pork chop dinners which was also very good. The green chili mashed potatoes had a little kick, but were wonderful. We definitely would go back to try something else on the menu.

• Visited June 2014
“Gourmet patio dining. ”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Husband Jim and dog Reacher and I had a wonderful Sunday twilight dinner tonight. Jim's chicken taco and my mahi taco were bueno!! The added avocado and sundried tomatoes made the Caesar salad rich and unusually delicious. Owner-host Phil is low key and gracious. And reacher also gives the water bowl and ice cubes five stars. We will dine here several times this week I am sure! Lillian M, Austin.

“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful service and atmosphere. We sat on the patio overlooking Sudderth. Our host and waitress were very nice and attentive. We ordered tacos and skillet chicken. Wonderful flavor. Different than anywhere else in Ruidoso. Our waitress was interested in where we were from and even showed us where a hummingbird had nested in a tree on the patio. We felt at home here. I highly recommend this restaurant.

New Mexico
“Good choice in Ruidoso”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We dined here without benefit of advance research and were pleasantly pleased. The outdoor seating was comfortable, and the menu offered a number of appealing choices - the Ruidoso visitor guide puts this spot in the Mexican list, but be advised - it isn't! A better category might be "southwestern." There are some Mexican items on the menu, but the bulk of it is eclectic - such as the fried brussels sprouts. (Whether you like or hate brussels sprouts, do yourself a favor and order these!) The only disappointment was the fire-roasted veggie salad, which I expected to be a plate of large pieces of grilled vegetables, but turned out to be finely chopped, more like a hash. The wine and beer list are fine. If we visit Ruidoso again we will certainly eat here!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Grill Caliente? Share your experiences!