“Ranchers - good place to eat in Ruidoso”

The Rancher's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Alto, New Mexico
“Ranchers - good place to eat in Ruidoso”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I had been wanting to try the Ranchers and my sister gave us the perfect opportunity when she sent my husband a $50.00 gift card for his birthday. I ordered the prime rib, which was very good. All entrees come with two sides and salad. My "smashed" potatoes were excellent. The asparagus was a little tough, but this is not the fault of the restaurant. Salads were good, but next time we'll ask for dressing ( balsamic vinegar) on the side, as it was a little tart. My husband ordered the salmon. He said it was good but it could have been cooked slightly longer. Our waitress, offered to send it back, but he said no, it was ok. Our server, Carri, was OUTSTANDING! I honestly can't remember having such excellent service at a restaurant in a very long time! It made our evening very enjoyable. We shared the chocolate cake for dessert.. It's a huge slice and we brought half of it home.It was very good! Our bill for two entrees, two glasses of wine each and a shared dessert, including tax and tip, came to $70.00. We would like to try the Ranchers for lunch next time. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013

currituck NC
“Not what I expected from a steak house”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I dined there, we found the atmosphere wonderful, the service exceptional, and the bar was amazing, but the food was way too overpriced and I was hesitant to spend $$ on a steak there... I ended up getting a salad, which was ok, nothing to rave about and had a few bites of his Delmonico. Glad I didn't bother with a steak, I've had better.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank twilight3380
Texas
“Great Steaks”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice restaurant up near the upper canyon area that serves great steaks!! Wait staff is very friendly and very attentive.

Visited August 2013
Kingsland, Texas
“Great service”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am vegan...at a steak house. They were so wonderful. Made me a special meal of grilled veggies with Olive Oil and used a special pan so no meat juice! It was wonderful...expecially the asparigus! Will go back again, for sure!

• Visited September 2013
Texas
“Nice surprise.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We loved this restaurant. Our waiter, Turner, was excellent and very friendly. The food was of very good quality and delicious. Will be back next time we are in town!

• Visited August 2013