“Good Meal!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Good meal and good service! We had the American Burger and Steak Fries - awesome and filling. Our waitress, Veronica was very attentive and took great care of us. She made our experience special!

1  Thank Jmb4870

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We'd been to the Cattle Baron in Las Cruces, NM, a few times, so we thought we knew what we'd get at this location. After talking to the extremely friendly waitress, we opted for the salad bar. I've read a lot about the Cattle Baron's salad bars, and I've enjoyed the one in Cruces a few times, but I've just never found it THAT outstanding. It's generally good enough, though, and worth the price. Generally. At the Ruidoso Cattle Baron, the fruit (watermelon, strawberries, etc.) was warm. Not rotten or anything, but I don't know how long it would keep at that temperature. Also, you have to be careful about the plates. During my first pass through the bar, I had to take off the top three "clean" plates before finding one without food stains on it. During my second pass, I had to remove only one plate before finding a clean one. At least I hope it was clean. They need a new dishwasher...

Other than that, it was a decent meal.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

An awesome turkey and avocado club sandwich. Big salad bar. Awesome wait staff and great service from start to finish. Excellent.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is an excellent large steak restaurant with the best salad-soup-cheese bar I've ever experienced. and all at very reasonable prices. They also have chicken, fish and pork in case isn't your thing. Vegetarians will find plenty of options, too. They have a full bar and great wine list. Please don't miss having a meal there. They have a large lounge for drinks before or after dinner. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is warm with western decor. I can't wait to get back there the next time I'm in Ruidoso.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have been coming to this restaurant for many years. It seems that the original owner passed away and the brothers and sisters of the owner have taken over. In their wisdom they have changed rules that seem to charge more money to the patron. The food is not quite the quality it has been. We won't be back again!

3  Thank lionwls