“You owe it to yourself!!!!!”

Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
Granbury, Texas
“You owe it to yourself!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff is, in fact, excellent as another reviewer commented. They are extremely pleasant, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. I, clearly, differ with the same reviewer who wrote the food was mediocre. It was outstanding! Possibly that individual had a bad night before or a bad morning. I had the Las Cruces Omelete and it was absolutely delicious. My wife had a chicken salad croissant sandwich and she thought it was delicious. The coffee is amongst the best I have ever tasted. Try it, I guarantee you won't regret it. It is so busy that you may have to wait for a table, especially for parties of five or more. They are open for breakfast and lunch every day during the summer months. Not sure about the rest of the year when the big tourist season subsides.

• Visited August 2014
gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Thank you El Lobo! Sorry for the delay, I am behind on my Trip Advisor. I really appreciate your kind words. We will always come in and try to improve on the day prior and make sure we are moving in the right direction.

Wichita, Kansas
“This place is way overrated”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When we arrived at the cafe the place was booming. I asked a waitress if we seat ourselves or wait to be seated. She told me they would seat me just go to waiting area. We did and several minutes later the attendant called for another party to be seated. We were not told to put our name in at the register. We did so and about 15 minutes later were seated. We ordered different items and were disappointed with all. My omelet was supposed to have sausage in it and did not have any,my dads was supposed to have ham and had 2 small cubes on the outside and none inside. We had a good laugh about it. The toast was so hard you had to break it with your hand. The coffee was bad. The service was terrible. I had water to drink and it was never refilled. They had plenty of workers present but no one other than the lady at the register and the young lady busing the tables was doing anything. We waited 15 minutes for our check and finally went to the register and that lady got our check for us. We paid and left and will never be back there again.

• Visited August 2014
gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Ouch! Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. Your review was presented at our server meeting this morning. We will take this review to heart and make sure that we are moving forward to improve on your dining experience. This is not the norm for our establishment and would love to have you be our guest at some point in the future. I strongly believe your experience would not disappoint during your next visit. Please come back and try us out again. We appreciate your business.
“great for breakfast”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I ate here on our last day in Ruidoso before starting our long drive back home. They have a full breakfast menu; it's not just a bakery. Food was pretty good and everyone was super friendly. Plus you can buy pastries for the road.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for your review Jay. Hopefully we can see you a couple of times during your next visit. Thank you for your business.
Midland, Texas
“Excellent staff, but food was mediocre”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Waited on a Sunday morning for about an hour until we were seated. We had read all of the great reviews so we thought it would be worth it. We honestly didn't think any of the 3 different breakfast plates we ordered were outstanding. They were all good, but not the best we've eaten. There were a lot of "regulars" who got seated almost as soon as they walked in; not sure if you can make reservations or if they were just given special treatment. The employees are definitely top notch - friendly, fast and very attentive. That was a huge plus. Would probably give them another try, but only if there isn't a wait.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank txcsr7969
Thank you for taking the time to critique our restaurant. I am pleased you had great service; however, I am concerned with three plates that none knocked your socks off! We are implementing a new policy today to track any negative food reviews so we can improve, train, rehire or take any other necessary steps to make sure our food is superior. We look forward to serving you next time.
Austin
“Delicious! Save room for the pie!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were leery after seeing so many negative reviews that any restaurant in this small town was really good but this one is-don't miss it. We chose a wide variety of menu items-soups, sandwiches, breakfast items, and desserts. All Good!! The place is clean, so are the restrooms, the staff is friendly and it can be crowded. Go early, plan on eating lots.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you Texas Traveler! I am glad you had a great experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.