“Solid Choice!”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stopped in to The Grill during our visit to Ruidoso on spring break. We had read about it on Trip Advisor, and had an enjoyable dinner there! My wife had the hamburger steak, and was very pleased with the steak and it's grilled onions, mushrooms, brown gravy. The mashed potatoes and green beans were delicious, like homemade. I had the steak new mexico topped with green chile & jack cheese, fries, and pinto beans. It was all very good, but if I had one complaint, was that it was warm, not really hot. It was as if my food was ready first and waited on the rest of our order to be ready, and therefore was not as hot as I prefer. It was still very tasty and hit the spot! My daughter had the chicken strips, and was not disappointed. The employees were friendly, and we did not have to wait long for our food. You order at a counter and pick up your own food when it's ready, so there is not a server to deal with. The place was not fancy by any means, but had a laid back, friendly, family atmosphere. One extra bonus that we received upon leaving, when we got outside to our car, there were several deer wandering on the property next door, very close, which made for some great pics!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The best green chile burger in town!!!! I will go back and eat it again and again!! Our family enjoyed it very much :)

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Got an evening meal here. Got 3 burgers & a salad. I'm a "burger guy." I wana see & taste the best you got. I got the one with blue cheese & green chilies. Good overall but I look for more season on the meat. Dump more chilies on it & use a chunkier blue chees. My son's Billy the Kid was awesome. Love the double meat & everything else stacked on it. The wife's salad was good and crispy, but hold the onions means NO onions. She had all she could handle halfway into the meal. When her last two bites were full of onions, she handed it back. Two my thankful surprise, I belive it was the owner who refunded the salad to our table. THANK U MAM for excellent business practice. My wife wasn't mad per say but annoyed since she said she watched the prep and later realized he was trying to pick onions out....after he'd made it. The fries were super. Plenty & crispy. Nice joint. Friendly. TV. quaint. Eat here. Not too pricey.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just wanted a quick snack... We ordered the swiss bacon burger and cut it in half. It was plenty! More than enough to share!! They have great, strong iced tea, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything about it was great!!!! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

You can't miss when eating here. Food is good and plentiful. My husband loves the Huevos Rancheros and rates them the best he has ever eaten anywhere! I enjoy the half marinated chicken salad whenever I can. But I will admit to a weakness for the mushroom jack burger!

Been to Lincoln County Grill? Share your experiences!