“2 visits - consistent good food”

Lincoln County Grill
Ranked #15 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Ate here twice while in Ruidoso, after resisting and being worn down by my friends. Part of the reason was due to the mixed reviews on here, but I'm always one for trying a place to form my own conclusion. Tried the chicken fried steak and the enchilada platter, both were tasty. Friends had various other items which I tasted, and they were yummy too. I MUST add that their refried beans (which I will have no part of anywhere that serves them) were quite yummy, and my stomach suffered no ill effects later. I really think it depends on what you like, and what you decide to order. It's not the kind of place I would necessarily make a 'must eat there' stop next time I'm in Ruidoso, but it was quality overall. I would go back, but I will also try the many other eateries in town.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The food was great but it is very spicy hot but if you like that then this is the place for you! Was cool to see deer right out side the windows very beautiful view

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went based on a friend's recommendation. We went in around 3 in the afternoon on the weekend. We must of hit the employees' break time, a few came in from outside smelling of smoke. Felt like we were an inconvenience. The food was alright. Nothing special. There are a few better burger places in town that were much better, we found out later.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stopped in to The Grill during our visit to Ruidoso on spring break. We had read about it on Trip Advisor, and had an enjoyable dinner there! My wife had the hamburger steak, and was very pleased with the steak and it's grilled onions, mushrooms, brown gravy. The mashed potatoes and green beans were delicious, like homemade. I had the steak new mexico topped with green chile & jack cheese, fries, and pinto beans. It was all very good, but if I had one complaint, was that it was warm, not really hot. It was as if my food was ready first and waited on the rest of our order to be ready, and therefore was not as hot as I prefer. It was still very tasty and hit the spot! My daughter had the chicken strips, and was not disappointed. The employees were friendly, and we did not have to wait long for our food. You order at a counter and pick up your own food when it's ready, so there is not a server to deal with. The place was not fancy by any means, but had a laid back, friendly, family atmosphere. One extra bonus that we received upon leaving, when we got outside to our car, there were several deer wandering on the property next door, very close, which made for some great pics!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The best green chile burger in town!!!! I will go back and eat it again and again!! Our family enjoyed it very much :)

Been to Lincoln County Grill? Share your experiences!